Would I be a candidate for liposuction? (Photos)

I'm actually quite fit. It's so frustrating. I work out daily eat very clean, but ever since I spent several months in the ICU 4 years ago from a pancreatic timor removal surgery.. I feel like my body is not my own. I'm just tired of hating myself. I conquered this illness, I should be happier and I'm desperate to do something about it.

Liposuction

This would be a good procedure for you. Your skin is yourthful and should recontour to your torso nicely after liposuction.  Agressive treatment of your waist and abdomen would give you nice results.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Liposuction - am I a candidate?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• First of all, I am sorry you had to go through such an ordeal 4 years ago and am happy you are better now.
  • After severe physical stress of the kind you went through, our body can change, not losing weight easily because the body is 'afraid' of another disaster.
  • Liposuction may help - but remember that it changes shape and removes at most 10 pounds.
  • If you don't lose that ten pounds, then fat eventually returns but in new areas.
  • All that said, you look like a very good candidate for liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and lower back.
  • I suggest you see a plastic surgeon for more information.
  • I am in Atlanta and would be happy to see you if you do not already have a plastic surgeon'
  • Whoever you see, always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Diet Before Plastic Surgery

You have gone through a lot! To achieve the best possible result after Tummytuck or liposuction, try to lose as much weight as possible, and then maintain it before and after surgery. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about diet and exercise before plastic surgery. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring

Based off your photos, liposuction would be a great treatment for you. I recommend VASER hi definition liposuction where you get much more skin tightening and contouring than any other treatment available. I suggest consulting with a VASER hi definition cosmetic dermatologist for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction

Yes you would be suitable for Liposuction. As long as you are medically fit, you would need to get clearance from your specialist but there is no reason why you wouldn't be suitbale. 

Candidate for Liposuction?

Liposuction could becgreat body contouring operation for you IF
- you have no underlying conditions or contraindications 
- you do not have a hernia through the scar from your pancreas surger
- you would accept some skin sagging from the liposuction. Although there will be some skin tightening in the liposuctioned areas ;especially the back) you will be smaller with skin sagging in other areas. 
- you would not require the removal of more than 10 pounds of excess fat

All considered, this could be a good option for you if the liposuction is done by an experienced and artistic Plastic surgeon. 

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

Would I be a candidate for liposuction?

Based on your pictures, liposuction may be a great option for you. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

LIpo after pancreas surgery

You seem to be an acceptable candidate for lipo, however:
1. I can't tell if you have a hernia from the surgery, which would preclude lipo
2. Would need a medical clearance from your surgeon/GI doctor to make sure you are healthy to undergo lipo.

Good luck!

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a candidate for liposuction?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination it appears that you would be a good liposuction candidate to help address some of the more diet and exercise resistant areas of the body - waist/love handles, areas, and stomach.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  

Liposuction

Based on your photographs I think there is potential to reduce some areas of fat with liposuction. I think you need to be more specific as to your objectives. Liposuction is best for discrete areas of excess fat.
You would be best advised to have a consultation with a suitably trained and qualified plastic surgeon.
Best wishes

Jeremy S. Hurren, BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Plast)
Chichester Plastic Surgeon