Is a bubble/lump normal on the side of the breast after getting implants?

I was just cleared to start massaging my breast which will mark 2 weeks after surgery. After beginning I felt a lump/bubble on the side of my right breast. Is it normal? Is it normal for the breast implant to shift causing lumps? I didn't feel it when I started massaging. You can see it with the eye but can definitely feel It. I'm nervous something is wrong.

Bubbles in implant

It is most likely that what you are feeling is the edge of the implant. It is not uncommon, especially in the early postoperative phase, for the implant to shift in position such that the bubble can be felt in a different location. I recommend you follow-up you with your plastic surgeon to make sure. Luck.

Bubbles in implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lump

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine without an assessment. I'd recommend booking an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

All the best.

Lump

All the best.

Bump on side of breast

Hello, it is not uncommon to be able to feel implants on the outer aspect of the breasts because there is no muscle coverage in this location  However, you would need to show your surgeon the lump/bubble to make sure this is what you are feeling.

Bump on side of breast

Lump/bubble of breast

A lump/bubble can represent a lot of different things. An exam is helpful to determine this. Commonly the bubble/lump is the implant being palpated in the lower pole.

Lump/bubble of breast

Lump?

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided informationand pictures as well.

Is to early to worry about this, you are only 2 weeks post op, is normal to feel this way, breast sides heals different and that's why you are feeling that one is more tender and hard that the other one. Patience is one of the most important factors in achieving the best results in cosmetic surgery. We all want to see the final result as early as possible. Unfortunately, the healing process is complicated and takes time. You cannot fight Mother Nature. The surest way to get a poor result is to undergo revision surgery before your body is ready for additional surgery.

breast augmentations take about six months for the swelling to go down and the breasts to settle and assume their final size and shape.

Please wait until six months post op. Minor asymmetry is normal.

Good luck :)

Lump?

Good luck :)

Thank you for your question and I am sorry this has caused you to be nervous.  After a breast augmentation you may feel a lump or bubble along the lower or outer portion of your breast that is most likely the edge of the implant.  Implants will shift a small amount during massages, but be sure to receive the appropriate instruction on how to perform these exercises in order to avoid moving the implant into an inappropriate position.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon, but most likely all is well.

Breast augmentation postop

I would contact your plastic surgeon and go in for an examination. They will be able to discuss why you have a new "lump."

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation postop

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon