Is this bruising one week post op to be expected on Lovenox? (photos)

Please advise on extensiveness of swelling and bruising: very dark purple/black) more extensive on left side vs. right side. I'm right side dominant. Left breast is also much more full/swollen/tender. Implant appears much higher on chest wall. I'm very worried, 7 days post op.

You look to have  a haematoma and urgently need to see your plastic surgeon for consideration of draining this

Significant bruising after mommy makeover surgery may be sign of a hematoma.

Some patients can bruise extensively. However, significant bruising as in your case may be a sign of a deeper hematoma. It would be best to have your surgeon check you

Post-Op Bruising

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions. There is always a chance that swelling and bruising can take place for several weeks after surgery and that the overall helming process can last from 12-18 months. So, make sure that you see your surgeon in person if you find you have any questions at all about the healing process since your procedure.

Bruising Post Op

Yes, certainly bruising/bleeding would be expected with Lovenox. I recommend that you continue to follow up closely with your Plastic Surgeon as they know your situation the best.

Take care 

Is this bruising one week post op to be expected on Lovenox?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  I would recommend seeing your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Your bruising/bleeding is extensive and your left breast needs to be evaluated for a possible hematoma.  As your surgeon knows your full medical history and rationale for Lovenox administration reach out to them sooner than later. 

Possible post-op hematoma

From the photos, it appears that you have a left sided breast hematoma.  I would recommend you see your PS today.  If there is any doubt, you can have an ultrasound performed to see if there is fluid around the implant.  If so, the standard of care is to drain the hematoma now.  If you don't drain the hematoma, the chance of getting a capsular contracture on your left side is very high.