Will a breast reduction and tummy tuck help back, neck, and shoulder pain?

I gained a lot of weight after an auto accident years ago. I have lost 60 lbs and hoping to get some relief. I have a healthy diet, but my exercise us limited to walking. I have had 2 back fusions, S1-L3. I am in my 50's. I have saggy large breasts and a saggy pooch and feel that structurally I would greatly benefit from surgery. Emotionally too!

Will a breast reduction and TT help back, neck and shoulder pain?

Thank you for your question.There is a good chance the procedures you've mentioned might offer you some relief, but they may not take away all your discomfort due to your previous injury. Allow me to suggest The Horndeski Method breast reduction/lift. It was designed to transfer the weight of the breasts to the underlying chest muscles to relieve pain associated with pendulous breasts. THM does not rely on the skin envelope alone like older techniques to reshape and re-position breasts high on the chest wall. Transferring the weight of the breasts to the chest wall allows for long term results and improved aesthetic outcomes. Attached is a patient who desired her breasts back to their original position without the extra cost, maintenance, risks and complications associated with breast implants. I hope this helps. Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Back pain and breast reduction and tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss!  I'm sure that already makes you feel better, despite the back injury and surgeries you've had. Breast reduction certainly may help alleviate some of your back pain.  At least, it will remove any part of your back pain that happens to be caused by the weight of your breasts.  Any pain from your prior injury will still remain, unfortunately.  Abdominoplasty has not been shown to help with back pain.  Abdominal exercises to strengthen your core muscle may help your back pain, though.Best wishes,Dr. Kavali

Carmen Kavali, MD

Thank you for your question.  Breast reductions do alleviate upper back, neck and shoulder discomfort IF the amount of breast tissue is significant enough, and this can be evaluated in person.  In your case, because of your previous back injury and surgery, I would not assume that this procedure is going to help with any pain related to that but may help with your upper back discomfort.  That being said, both a breast reduction with lift and a tummy tuck will be very aesthetically pleasing (especially after all the weight you have lost).  These surgeries are best done after your weight has stabilized.  I wish you all the best!

Breast reduction surgery

Congratulations on your significant weight loss! A breast reduction should help alleviate the back, neck and shoulder pain you are experiencing. Aesthetically, a tummy tuck will be great as well. You should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in these procedures to make sure you get the best results possible. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Breast Reduction ... Shoulders and back pain

Hello, The are many casues of back and shoulders pain, normally theres a combation of factor, but, the size of the breast is a factor that can be controlled with plastic surgery. Breast surgery its a very satisfactory procedure because it let you remove the excess of weight and size, inmediatily. TT are not realted to back pain, but, if you combine these two procedures you will look amazing and you'll have a change in your life. Its also important for you to take care about the vertebral fusions. have a nice day

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD