Breast lift needed? (photos)

I am contemplating my options for breast augmentation. I am wondering if a breast lift would be necessary to accomplish a more voluminous appearance or if implants would suffice. Thanks in advance for your responses

Here's How to Tell If You Need a Lift

Thanks for your question — it's a common concern. It is difficult to see from the photos where your inframammary fold is located. If your nipple is below the fold, then you will need a lift. If your nipple is at the level of the fold or above, then implants will suffice. Larger implants will tend to provide a slight lift, as well, and this may be needed to get you the fuller upper pole that you desire. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will be able to tell if you need a lift during your physical exam. Good luck with your decision.

Breast Lift Needed?

Thank you for your question. From the photos you shared, it would appear that you could benefit from a breast lift. Implants alone in my opinion would not give you the best aesthetic result. Best of luck to you.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Needed?

Greetings. It is a strong possibility that you would need a lift to position the nipple and areola appropriately if you were to undergo breast augmentation.  There would definitely be scars in order to this.  Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Breast lift with augmentation

It looks like you will need a breast lift to reposition your nipples and remodel your breast tissue around your breast implants.  Increasing the size of a breast implant generally does not compensate for the sagging breast tissue and does not create a shapely, youthful breast.  You must be willing to accept the additional scars as a trade-off for the improved result.

Bruce E. Genter, MD, FACS
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Options

Here is the breakdown for your decision making in breast lift surgery:
Breast Augmentation - increases volume, superior pole fullness, and has a 5cm in fold beneath breast with no scarring on the font of the breast or around the areola.
Periareolar (Donut) breast lift - Improved position of nipple and moderate reshaping of tissue. An implant can be added to increase volume.
Vertical (Lollipop) Breast Lift - Excellent repositioning of breast tissue with incisions around areola and down inferior portion of breast. In a vertical lollipop lift we are able to perform a more powerful reshaping of breast tissue due to our ability to reduce the skin envelope and to place internal sutures to reshape breast tissue. An implant can be added to increase volume.
Choosing between breast augmentation alone and breast lift
These patients have mild to moderate ptosis that can be corrected with an implant alone with minimal scarring. The patient will have increased volume with they approach as we are adding implants. The alternative is breast lift alone where will do not increase volume but lift existing tissues using additional incisions.
Choosing between lift alone or breast lift with implants:
A question I often ask is whether a patient is happy with her volume in a push up bra. If the answer is yes then a list along is often a good choice. If the answer is no and the patient desires more volume then we often choose to add an implant.

Implants alone versus implants and lift

The answer to your question depends to a large extent on your own expectations for the result.  Implants alone will increase your upper breast fullness and lift the nipple to some extent but it not be as high as you wish.  A lift can more effectively elevate the areolae and also make them smaller and more even, but there are permanent scars, additional cost and risks.  You could discuss all of these issues in detail with a local plastic surgeon to help make a decision.

Breast Lift Needed

Hi
Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you will need some form of a breast lift either a peri-areolar mastopexy, in which your making an incision to raise the nipple and areolar complex a small amount once the implants are placed. This can also reduce the size of the areola. I would recommend that you not go big. I would recommend that you try out implant size and judge at your consultation. Accurate measurements and quality of your skin will play a role  as well. Good luck to you. You can check my link for further information.

John A. Kotis, DO, FACS, FACOS

Breast lift needed?

If you have an augmentation without the lift, your nipple position will still be a little low most likely. For my patients who are on the fence, I offer them a 2 stage procedure. Do the augmentation first and wait three months, if the shape is unacceptable after 3 months, then proceed with the mastopexy (lift).

Breast augmentation and breast lift

My preference from your photos is breast augmentation and lollypop lift to reduce your areola and tighten the skin. Don't go to big. try out implants in a bra, check before/after photos and get a 3 D imaging. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift needed?

I think a limited breast lift would give you a better appearance with better breast shape on a better positioned areola.

Julio Garcia, MD