Which Breast Lift method would be best for me? (photos)

I would like a breast lift without implants. I would prefer minimal scaring but am really looking for the most effective method with the least long term risk and care. I'm wondering which methods are best for my particular sagging and also what their average cost is.

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Which breast lift method would be best for you?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Mastopexy cost?

If you're considering a surgical breast lift, one way to see if it might help you is to put a pencil under your breast and see if it stays there. If it does, a breast lift might be an option.
The most common breast lift operation, called mastopexy, repositions the nipple higher on the chest wall. Women usually get this procedure on an outpatient basis, meaning there's no overnight stay. It takes about two hours and is usually done under general anesthesia.The average cost its from $5000-$10000 depending on your needs, location and PS.

Implants should not be used to lift a breast as this will change in time, making the condition and droopiness worse in a matter of years. It is almost impossible to give you an idea without a proper physical examination.  There are a number of measurements we used during our pre-operative consultation determined to determine if a lift if needed.  Please make sure you discussed this with your plastic surgeon and make sure or usable over the pros and cons of each procedure.  Best of Luck in your surgery!!

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  This can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

In your case you may be best off with a lollipop type of incision to carry out the lift. Best of luck, but you would need to be seen in person.

Lift

A vertical lift technique would be best for you.  It is also called a lollipop lift.  Many times a small amount of skin is excised along the inframammary fold but generally it results in a nice shape with less scarring.  

Which Breast Lift method would be best for me?

There are many breast lift methods that all produce good results. I think that what you really are trying to ask is what type of incision pattern you will need. The more loose skin that you have, the longer the incisions need to be to remove the loose skin and keep the breast mound elevated. There are some shorter scar modifications that limit the horizontal scar length, but it takes longer for the gathered skin to smooth out and many times, the lower breast stretches and gets saggy necessitating a revision. 

Breast lift options

Thanks for your inquiry, and if you were my patient I would recommend a full anchor mastopexy.  In terms of cost, I suggest you call a few board certified plastic surgeon in the Altanta area to discuss your options.  You are lucky, there any many great surgeons to choose from!

Which type of breast lift

After looking at your photos, you have stage III breast ptosis. It looks like you have adequate volume, so if you don't want an implant that is fine, but you will need an anchor incision mastopexy so the nipple can be repositioned correctly and the shape of the breast managed the best. Some doctors are beginning to use mesh to help maintain the lift and I think this would be a nice adjunct too, but certainly an anchor mastopexy will be your best option. Make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon to examine your breasts and discuss the options in more detail.

W. John Bull, MD

Breast lift

From your photos you have stage III ptosis (sagging) of your breast. A full mastopexy would be a great option for you. An Anchor type incision would allow for positioning the nipple areola complex at the correct height and shape the breast.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon