Do I need a breast lift, implants, or both? (Photo)

I'm a 21 year old female. I'm 5'2" and weigh approximately 150 lbs. I'm a 34DD. I'm satisfied with my breast size, just not with their appearance. I'm not sure whether they'd be medically classified as sagging or not, but I personally feel that they're rather saggy. I've been insecure about my breasts for as long as I can remember, and I'm just wondering what my options are.

Breast Lift

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. I recommend you a breast lift.
Women´s breast change and normally get saggy after weight loss, pregnancy, breastfeeding, aging, etc.This procedure raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Breast Lift could be done with or without implants. If you want your breast to look perkier, have an upper pole fullness and augment their size I recommend Implants. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Cali Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift, implants, or both?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Shape versus size

You do not have a good breast shape and need a breast reshaping or mastopexy
procedure. Breast implants do not control the shape of the breast but only the
size. Whatever shape your breasts are, saggy, nipple position and shape, etc,
implants will only make your shape larger. If you are happy with your breast size
then just reshape them with a mastopexy.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

The need for implants

If you are satisfied with your size you should keep it. Yes, your breast is saggy because of its weight. Even that your are 21 years old, you are a perfect candidate for a breast lift. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area, and make sure you wear a good supportive bra, specially when exercising after surgery, so it won't happen again.

Mastopexy Augmentation vs Mastopexy

Hello and thank you for reaching out. From the photos you have provided, it looks like you could benefit from both, depending on what outcome you are looking for. If you would prefer to have more volume in the superior pole of your breasts, then i would suggest a small implant being added back to the breast with the lift. If you are ok with decreasing your cup size by one cup, then a mastopexy would suit you just fine. Consult your board certified plastic surgeon to review your options. Best Wishes. 

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift. This will improve the aesthetic of your breasts. If you are happy with the size, a breast lift should be enough, but if you'd like more volume, then you can opt for implants as well. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Best breast lift options

If you are insecure about your breasts, a breast lift can absolutely help improve their appearance. You could get nice results from a breast lift alone, since you mentioned you are happy with the size they are now. However, if you wanted them to be fuller, a small implant may give you even better results. It ultimately depends on the appearance YOU are aiming for. Please consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast lift procedures to find out what procedure(s) is truly best for you. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Breast Lift

Hi, thanks for posting your pictures, it seems that you have good volume therefore a breast lift will be sufficient to give you a very nice and natural result. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lift Alone

Your pictures are take with your arms outward which may affect the shape of breast somewhat.  But from your picture you look to have a Grade 3 ptosis.  This means a lift is needed.  I believe you should consider a "W" pattern mastopexy first.  Live with your natural lifted size for a while.  Then in the future you could consider some conservative sized implants if you felt you wanted to be a little bigger.  Ask your surgeon if he/she with do your mastopexy with internal suspension/stitching techniques to help make the result last.

Gordon Telepun, MD
Decatur Alabama Plastic Surgoen