Botched labiaplasty repair. What are my options, and how much would it cost? (Photo)

I went out the country 3 weeks ago to get a labiaplasty. Its evident I need a revision and pointless of waiting because it's clear he botched me really bad. Im even more embarrassed of my genitals and don't see myself ever having sex again if this remains. What are my options and what would something like this cost? Should a fat transfer be done to hide everything?

Botched labiaplasty repair. What are my options, and how much would it cost?

Thank you for your question and photos. You had a labiaplasty done by someone who is not familiar with the anatomy and surgical techniques to give you a good result. You had an over zealous trim resection of the labia and no treatment of the excess clitoral hood. So, there's good news and bad news. First of all, it can be corrected (will never be as good as if it would've been done correctly the first time), but the bad news is that you have to wait 4-6 months for your tissues to heal before any surgical attempt is undertaken. The excess clitoral hood tissue can be used to reconstruct your over resected labia minora, but this should be done by a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist with experience in correcting botched labiaplasty procedures. You have one good shot at this and can't afford another poorly performed surgery in this area, otherwise you will end up with permanent disfigurement. Unfortunately, we see more and more of these poor surgical results, due to the fact that more practitioners try to do this, some patients try to have this covered by insurance to have a "functional" repair by their gynecologist (most of them do not have training in this procedure) or go out of the country to cut cost. As I said before, an operation performed correctly is a good investment, an operation performed poorly, but cheaply can be expensive to correct or might not be fully correctable. Good luck.

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. At this time I recommend to wait at least 6 months and revaluate. It can be revised and addressing the clitoral hood skin also help. Cost depending on the what we need to do and surgeon and place.

When you're botched

as you are, its hoped you have now seen other surgeons for options to reconstruct your minora or take down your hood.  Costs will vary depending on what you choose to do.  Choose wisely...

Curtis Wong, MD

How to fix botched bargain basement labiaplasty

You did not have a labiaplasty, but rather a crude and artless amputation of the labia minora. The remaining tissue of the clitoral hood will be the centerpiece for your revisionary reconstructive procedure when you are healed. You need to wait at least 6 months for the area to heal.

So Sorry

The bad news is that you had a labia minora amputation. The good news is that they didn't injure the clitoris and they left the clitoral hood tissue. The bad news is that you will need a revision. The good news is that the clitoral hood tissue can be used to reconstruct the labia minora. The bad news is you have to wait at least 4-6 months for the tissues to heal before revision surgery. The good news is that there's realself where you can find reviews and photos of patients who have had excellent results with the surgery like the patient above and the link below.

Botched Labiaplasty Done Out of the Country 3 Weeks Ago

Unfortunately going abroad for cheaper surgery too often ends up being far more expensive in the long run. In general it's best to wait at least 6 months, even a year, for the tissues to settle and soften. 

Choose a board-certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist with experience in female genital aesthetic surgery. Fortunately from your photos it appears you have tissue to work with. This time, however, it will be extremely important to choose an excellent surgeon.

Below is a link about more information on labiaplasty

All the best to you.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Botched labiaplasty

Not to pile on, but this should be a lesson to anyone who thinks it is better to go out of the country for a discounted procedure. Not only are the credentials the surgeon in question, but it is very difficult to follow up with there are complications.   Basically your procedure is no longer cosmetic. You need to find a surgeon who is experienced in genital reconstruction and secondary labiaplasty.  

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Options after poor quality labiaplasty

I reviewed your photos and can clearly see why you are unhappy. I'm very sorry you are in this situation. You are correct in thinking you will need a revision, but you need to be patient since you'll have to wait till you are fully healed, approximately 4-6 months. Do your research and save your money because it may be just as expensive as an initial Labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction by an experienced cosmetic surgeon. This is a perfect example of "you get what you pay for".
See link below for information on Revision Labiaplasty.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

It is still too early in your healing process to do anything. By rushing to fix the results of this surgery, you may create more of a problem. It appears part of your labia were over-resection and the rest under-resected. Let things calm down for at least 6 months, then find a board certified plastic surgeon to do the revision. Do not try to cut corners financially and definitely do not travel out of the country again.

Inadequate surgery

It appears you had a linear excision performed of the lower part of your labia but the prepuce and hood are still too large. These latter areas need to be addressed with a repeat labiaplasty surgery and prepuce reduction. I would wait at least 6 months until doing a revision. I prefer to fix the entire labial area during the initial surgery and have developed a technique to do this (see link for details). Good luck

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN