Looking to get a Bbl but I do I have to get my lipomas removed? I have them for over 10 years with no problems.

I am planning to get a Bbl in 2017. I have fat arms that I want to get lipoed during the Bbl process. However, I have lot of lipomas in my arms. So it okay to get my arms lipoed or should I skip the arms? If I do get my arms lipoed would there be any medical risks? I had them there for 10 years and they do not cause me any problems but I do want to get my arms lipoed because they are fat and wanted to use the Bbl process to get rid of it. Also, does anyone recommend a bbl surgeon in Ga?

Great Question. The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure designed to transfer fat from one area of the body, typically the stomach and thighs, hips, knees, and back to the buttock through liposuction.  The procedure is meant to reshape, but also enhances the size of a buttock to better fit the figure and provides a perky appearance to rear end. For those who have lost weight and feel their buttocks lack shape or wish to improve the appearance of their backsides, the Brazilian butt lift procedure is a solution. It is unique by the use of the patients own harvested body fat, rather than the use of synthetic material. This allows for a healthier and longer lasting result. As for your lipomas, best advice is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your arms and see if that fat is good fat to use for a BBL. Best of Luck. Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBAWeniger Plastic Surgery(843) 757-0123