After 2 pregnancies my body changed. Do I have enough breast for a lift? My goal is to remain as natural as possible. (photo)

Is a breast lift an option I have? Would a mini tuck change the extra abdomen skin issue? I workout very often and it will not improve.

Candidate for breast lift and tummy tuck

Thank you for posting your photos.    I would recommend a breast lift with a small implant for optimal shape and size.    You will lose at least one cup size by a breast lift alone, even with an auto-augmentation or similar technique.    I would also recommend a full tummy tuck, as a mini tummy tuck would not produce a pleasing result to you.   All the best.

Lift and tummy tuck

Based on these photographs, it would be best for you to have a full tummy tuck and a breast lift.  A mini tummy tuck will not address your concerns.  You have enough tissue for a lift.

Mommy makeover

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of implants.An abdominoplasty will make your abdomen look smaller and your breasts look bigger.I recommend Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement if you are not planning future pregnancies.The mesh increases the mechanical strength of the abdominal wall resulting in a more hourglass figure, early satiety, weight loss and maintains the reduced weight.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Make Over

It is very common to be in need of a "Mommy Make Over" after pregnancy.  Childbearing and rearing can take a toll on your body.  Yes, you have enough breast to perform a breast lift, if you are okay with being the same size or a touch smaller. The bra you are wearing now may not be an appropriate size because your current bra is doing more of the lifting work.  I would recommend a full tummy tuck to take care of the skin and muscle that was damaged by your pregnancies. I wish you all the best.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Choices

The world of plastic surgery has undergone a revolution in breast lift choices. The number of techniques has expanded and the options can be tailored to a woman's physique and desires. However, each surgeon has their own group of procedures (Some physicians only offer one or two) and which one is right for you may depend on the doctors comfort level and not necessarily your own desires.

Before we discuss the different types of lifts, lets discuss some basic ground rules;
  1. Lifts are designed to make a sagging breast lifted and more perky. Lifts will not change the overall size of the breasts.
  2. Lifts will sometimes make you appear bigger because the sagging, flat breast is changed into a more perky lifted package.
  3. Some breast lift techniques require a reduction in volume as part of the lift technique. The amount of volume loss will be dependent on the amount of sag - more sag, more loss of volume.
  4. The type of techniques that you can have are based on the sternal notch to nipple distance. You can determine this distance by taking a metric tape measure or ruler and measure from the notch at the top of your breast bone and then measure to the more saggy breasts nipple. In my practice we divide patients into three classes( <25cm's, 25-35cm's and >35cm's). Before you read further, assess your sternal notch-nipple distance.
  5. If you want to be enlarged, expect to get an implant as part of the lift.
  6. Most importantly, implants should not be used to lift a breast! Implants are for volume, lifts are for shape.
BREAST LIFT TECHNIQUES
  1. Goes Lift - This lift invented by a Brazilian plastic surgeon is a circumareolar scar technique (incision only around the edge of the areola) is designed for sagging breasts up to 25 cm's. The procedure lifts the breast from above and fills the upper pole to add fullness. The breast is tailored to create projection and the durability of the shape is supported with an internal mesh brassiere. Today the mesh is better than it used to be. This is a great technique for those looking for a lift, upper pole fullness and modest projection improvement.
  2. Benelli Mastopexy - This lift is invented by a french surgeon is a circumareolar scar technique that is also designed for sagging breasts up to 25 cm's. The sagging breast is lifted by tightening the lower pole of the breast. While the lower pole may not be as saggy as it once was, the breast does not have any improvement in upper pole fullness or projection. This technique is less ideal than the Goes Lift.
  3. Lejour Mastopexy - This lift is invented by a plastic surgeon from Belgium and has a lollipop incision. It is ideal for any patient with a sternal to nipple distance of less than 35 cm's. The procedure lifts the upper and lower poles and provides for maximal projection. In general, I believe this technique yields the most beautiful breasts. The down side to this lift is the need to remove some tissue through surgical removal or liposuction. Therefore, the lifting may result in some loss of volume.
  4. Hall-Findlay Mastopexy - This lift/reduction is invented by a plastic surgeon from Canada and has a lollipop incision. It is ideal for those patients with a nipple-sternal notch distance of less than 30 cm's. The procedure does not address the upper pole and does not really do a great job of enhancing projection, but will tighten the lower pole. I use this technique whenever their is a contraindication for performing a Lejour Lift.
  5. Mckissock or Goulian Mastopexy - The anchor scar technique is ideal for patients with a nipple to sternal notch distance of greater than 35 cm's. The shape is not ideal and is prone to bottoming out. Bottoming out is when the nipple does not sag, but the breast tissue does. This technique is an older technique but is a necessity when considering the excessively saggy breast.
I hope this helps for you to decide which technique is right for you. If you would like to find out more about breast lifts and reductions, please read my book " Cosmetic Breast Surgery - A complete guide to making the right decision from A to double D".

Robert M. Freund, MD

Breast lift

You could always do a breast lift alone. But, your breasts would be quite small. Breast implants of a small size can look very natural (see link to my breast augmentation gallery) It would be beneficial for you to look at many before and after images to get an idea of the result s you like. Then, have a consultation with a plastic surgeon you trust to help guide you. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

After 2 pregnancies my body changed. Do I have enough breast for a lift? My goal is to remain as natural as possible.

A vertical breast lift would be a reasonable option just based upon your photos. A tummy tuck would be the best option for the tummy.  Find an expert in both surgeries who has great reviews and great before and after photos.

Mommy makeover

Based on your photos you look like a great candidate for a breast lift with or without implants and a tummy tuck with muscle tightening.  It is difficult to see in the photos, but most patients can also benefit from some liposuction of the love handle area to help accentuate the waist. Seek an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon near you to find out if you are indeed a candidate and which procedures are best for you. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Breast Lift and Abdominoplasty

From the photos you appear to be a great candidate for a breast lift and full tummy tuck, I think you would be more than happy with the results after having these procedures. The good news is that many surgeons will do these two procedures at the same time, often called a "mommy makeover", which means only one time under general anesthesia and only one recovery period! Good luck!

After 2 pregnancies my body changed. Do I have enough breast for a lift?

You are a perfect candidate for a breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck. I think this combination of procedures will give you the best result that you can be proud of.