Am I in need of a full tummy tuck or extended tummy tuck because of back fat? (Photo)

From 120 to 149 I've been skinny all my life. I have two kids but after the first one at age 22 my skin got loose. So I was skinny with loose skin. I got bigger but still loose skin and now this back roll fat or skin. Will I need a full tummy tuck or extended tummy tuck? Maybe lipo? What would contour my body back to my natural shape? I have included two pics of now and two pics of when I liked my shape although I still had loose skin under clothes. Weight is stable. Never been up and down on weight.

What type of Tummy Tuck is right for me?

A traditional TT with full liposuction would be your best option! You are an excellent candidate for a Traditional Tummy Tuck with muscle repair and lipo to your back and flanks! 360 Lipo could also be performed in order give you an even smaller waist and a flatter tummy. 

Because of your Belly Button is low enough, you can actually have a very low incision, easily hidden under the lowest bikinis. A low incision TT will actually lift your entire pubic area. This TT will get ride of all the loose skin that is between your pubic area and your Belly Button. 

Your back roles can be treated efficiently will Liposuction alone, so there si no need for an extended TT in my opinion. Muscle repair will needed in order to correct the muscle separation produced by your previous pregnancies.

Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Dr. Miguel Mota

A conventional abdominoplasty will yield some tightening of the skin of the waist area.

From the photographs I don't think an extended abdominoplasty will be necessary. Sequential tension closure of a conventional abdominoplasty will afford some tightening of the waist area. Liposuction might be required for the best result. Physical examination will be necessary.

Am I in need of a full tummy tuck

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your picture you would be an excellent candidate for a TT, This procedure you will give to your body an abdomen flat, by removing at his timethe excess of skin. But before all should be evaluated in person by a certified plastic surgeon. 

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser H definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck or extended tummy tuck?

Based on your pictures, I would suggest that you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your back.  A tummy tuck scar would extend from hip to hip and allow you to lose the excess skin of your abdomen as well as tighten your stomach muscles.  The skin of the back is quite thick and I don't think you need to have it removed.  I think you can accomplish your goals there using liposuction alone.  Of course, I am basing this on your pictures.  An examination in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon would be better!

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Full tummy tuck

Based on your photos, you look as if you'd be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction to the back and flanks. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person and discuss your best options. A lot will depend on your expectations and tolerance for scars. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for TT?

Dear Nicole, Based on your photos you appear as if you could be a nice full TT candidate. Most likely liposuction to the flanks and bra roll could improve the overall profile. I believe you could have a really nice outcome assuming you went to board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Full TT

thank you for your question. Based on the picture full TT and lipo to your back will give optimal rsults. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation. Thank you

Tummy tuck

You look like an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. the upper rolls on your back will not come out with a tummy tuck. Lipo may help flatten them a bit, but if you want it really flat, then a bra line back roll excision is the a good way to remove the excess.