Activities after breast reduction: Should I be able to walk along the strip,beach, club etc? Or would that be a bit much?

I'm scheduled to have a breast reduction May 6, 2016 I plan to go to the beach May 27-29... 

Activity following Your Breast Reduction

Usually, our patients return to almost normal activity within two weeks. Most patients resume normal activity by two weeks. However, full activity, lifting, sports, and with no restrictions is safer at 6 weeks post-procedure. For any concerns and questions about your #healing or #post-op, you should speak with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Breast augmentation at 3 weeks

By about 3 weeks, you should be able to walk the beach.  I tell patients to limit exertion for about 3-4 weeks.  Best to check with your doctor as you heal to see if you will be ready.

Activity after breast reduction

Thank you for your question.  You should be able to walk comfortably 3 weeks after your surgery provided that you heal ok.  In my practice, patients are instructed to avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for about 1 month after surgery.  Be sure to check with your surgeon regarding specific instructions pertaining to your activity.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Activity after breast reduction

The best answer here is to check with your surgeon.

In my own practice I recommend nothing strenuous for 3 weeks to minimize the risk of post operative bleeding.
I would also avoid excessive sun exposure early on as well.

Check in with your PS for his or her personal recommendations.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Activity after Breast Reduction

Any type of strenuous activity can induce swelling and bleeding, especially during the first 10-14 days after surgery. Therefore, limit your exercise to walking during the first month. In general, guide your activities by your discomfort — that is, if an activity hurts, do not do it. If your job keeps you rather sedentary, you may feel well enough to return to work in 7-10 days. You will tire easily and you may want to limit your hours on your first few days back. If the swelling or discomfort increases, you have probably done too much too soon. One month after surgery, you may start easing yourself into your usual exercise routine with strenuous exercises permitted after 6 weeks. Remember; do not push yourself too quickly.

Thank you for your excellent question.  By three weeks you should be able to walk comfortably during your beach vacation.  Talk to your surgeon and voice your concern, they should be able to give you the best recommendation based on your reduction.  Hope this helps.

Activities after breast reduction?

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
Generally, it is best to follow your surgeon's guidelines in regards to return to activity/ exercise.  Having said that, most  patients are able to walk as you describe without difficulty within two weeks after the procedure is performed.  It sounds like you have a good plan in mind. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.