Need second abdominoplasty to fix recurrent mrsa infection in belly button?

Mrsa recurrent since oct 2011, large mass in abdomen, could it be pseudobursa or scar tissue or infected stitch or dead tissue, need advise, i look like if im six months pregnant, frustrated for this situation since 2011

Best treatment of recurrent MRSA infection after tummy tuck 2011

I am so sorry you have had this chronic problem. First, the problem needs to be diagnosed. You will need studies to identify the nature of the mass, starting probably with an ultrasound. I believe you are likely to need a re-do tummy tuck with resection of the mass, long term antibiotics and removal of any and all permanent suture material from the first tummy tuck. But the site and nature of the mass must first be identified. You should have an Infectious Disease specialist involved with culture of the material to be sure you get the right antibiotic treatment before and after surgery. This is very challenging problems but with good management, you will be able to put this behind you.

If the surgeon who did your tummy tuck is in Atlanta, I am concerned that s/he has allowed you to live like this for five years without definitive treatment. I strongly suggest that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with privileges at one of the major hospitals in Atlanta for definitive specialist care.

Chronic mass of abdominal wall after TT

Correct diagnosis comes first. You should ask your primary physician or your plastic surgeon to send you to  MRI imaging of the abdominal wall. Most likely that you will need excision of the cyst (mass) using existing abdominal scar. Depending of  the localization and size of "mass" this procedure may be as extensive as revision abdominoplasty. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon