Am I a good candidate for mommy makeover with fat transfer? (Photos)

I would like to know if I am a good candidate for MM with TT and BA using fat transfer from thighs to breasts. I want to keep my fat butt. My youngest is almost done nursing. Would love input from Atlanta surgeons!

Mommy Makeover

The decision to use fat for a BBA is dependent on the amount of volume you wish to achieve. You do not appear to have a lot of fat for autologous fat transfer and so the volume enhancement will be minimal. It also does not appear that you have a lot of excess skin for a TT. I would seek advice from an experienced PS who can show you examples of his/her work.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Are you a good candidate for a MM with fat transfer?

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Excellent candidate for mommy makeover surgery.

From the photographs it looks as though you are a good candidate for abdominoplasty as well as mastopexy. Gluteal augmentation might be disappointing since you look quite fit from the photographs. I'm not certain there would be enough fat to make it gluteal augmentation worthwhile. Physical examination would be necessary to establish is.

Mommy makeover

• Unfortunately, you do not have sufficient fat to noticeably enlarge your breasts. 
  • Fortunately, you have a very trim and fit figure that will not need a tummy tuck.
  • After you finish nursing, your breasts will shrink and you can use our sizing method to determine which implants will give you the look that you want.
  • If this advice helps you to understand your surgery better, let us know.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

Am I a good candidate for mommy makeover with fat transfer?

Yes you are, although many will tell you that you are too thin for fat transfer.

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and breast lift +/- fat grafting surgery. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation and a tummy tuck for muscle repair. You may also need a lift, this can be determined during consultation with the surgeon.  Fat Transfer to the breast has become more popular in the press, but we do not perform this procedure as we do not believe that it has been properly proven as a safe, dependable, and cost effective means of performing breast augmentation.  There are also possible side effects that one must consider, including the risk of scarring on a mammogram that can complicate detection of breast cancer.  Other side effects are possible infection, fat resorption necessitating more sessions of fat grafting, and possible asymmetry.  Implant based breast augmentation, on the other hand, is very safe and predictable with an extremely high patient satisfaction rating in our practice.  Fat grafting is best for breast contour irregularities.  Very large amounts of fat  and possible multiple sessions would be needed to approximate the result of large breast implants for breast augmentation. 

Mommy makeover

You appear to be a good candidate for the Mommy Makeover, though you may only require muscle repair for the abdomen.  It appears you will need a breast lift, though that cannot be determined until you have finished breastfeeding.  I encourage you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.  It is best to have the appointment once you are finished breastfeeding so that a more accurate evaluation of the breasts can be done.

Camille Cash, MD

Are you a Candidate for a MommyMakover?

Dear Bellaanna:

You would be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. The fat harvested from the tummy and injected into your breasts would provide a sufficient volumization to rejuvenate the sagging in the skin of the breasts. This may be all the abdominal work required. However, should the muscle be separated sufficiently then a midline tightening could be of additional benefit with or without skin excision in the form of a mini-tummy tuck.

Ken Dolynchuk, MD
Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Are You Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.