Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photos)

I had Lipo 3 years ago which ended up being the worst decision of my life as it gave me scars with no results. I am 9 months post baby and I've been working out. I am done with kids and want my waist to be smaller and a flat tummy. What will work best for me. I am fine with the rest of my body but my stomach is horrible.

Candidate for tummy tuck?

It's hard to tell from your photos whether you have enough loose skin for a tummy tuck.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery).  Best wishes!

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Based on these photos, you should be a good candidate for abdominoplasty along with some liposuction. You definitely need to have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, preferably experienced in body contouring procedures, to determine what would be ideal for your needs.

L. Dwight Baker, MD
Dothan Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a tummy tuck?

From the photos alone and without the benefit of an exam, I do not think that a tummy tuck is a great option for you at this time.  You do not appear to have much, if any, loose skin.  The bowing out of your abdomen may be from weight that you still need to lose and this fat (visceral fat) will cause the belly to bow outwards.  Sorry, but I would advise weight loss first and then re-explore the option of a tummy tuck at that time.  Good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and photos.  It's not clear in the photos whether you have excess skin or not.  A tummy tuck paired with liposuction of the flanks and back can be helpful in removing excess skin and fat in your abdomen area.  Based on the photos alone, you look like a good candidate for it.  Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full evaluation.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Hello Moi1 hope all is well, thank you for the question and the pictures. Congratulations on your baby and I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your prior liposuction. You would need to be examined to know for sure if you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck, looking at your photographs I believe that you are a great candidate for it. My best recommendation to you is to seek a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons to better review your case and make the best plan for surgery. Pictures are great, but you will get the best advice once you have a physical exam with your surgeon.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks. The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue. Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat. Hope that this helps.

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your questions.  It is difficult to tell from the pictures but it looks like you would be a good candidate for tummy tuck.  You would need to be examined to know for sure.  If you have good skin you might be a candidate for liposuction alone.  This can be determined at the time of consultation with your plastic surgeons.  

Lawrence Rosenberg, MD
Lutherville Timonium Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck?

Hello and thank you for your question/pics.

Although it's hard to be sure from the photos, it looks like you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck, with liposuction of the entire abdominal/waist area, otherwise known as a lipoabdominoplasty.  An in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is the best way to know for sure.  There you can discuss your goals and come up with a plan that's best suited to your needs.  

Best of luck to you!

Ruth Celestin, MD

TT candidate

Its a bit difficult to tell just from isolated pics without an exam, but it appears you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and should see a plastic surgeon to confirm and educate with a clinical exam.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures.  From the looks of the pictures I think that you would be a good candidate for a TT and some abdominal lipo at the same time.  Seek a consultation from a Board Certified PS.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon