Am I a candidate for Liposuction on my arms? (Photo)

Want to know if I can get Lipo on arm

Arm Lifting vs. Liposuction

Your photo shows a deformity that consists of both excess fat and skin.  Therefore, to get the best improvement in shape and firmness of your arms, you would need both liposuction to remove fat and some type of arm lift to tailor and tighten the skin of your arms.  Occasionally, someone just has extra fat enclosed within skin that has pretty good tone and isn't too stretched out.  Then liposuction alone might be adequate, allowing the skin to contract a little to firm things up.  Unfortunately, your photo shows a short but significant area of skin excess that would just be floppy if the fat was removed without tailoring the skin.  Good luck.

Am I a candidate for Liposuction on my arms?

I recommed that you have liposuction plus armlifting. after lipo you will have sagging skin this can be solved by Arm lifting. 

Thank you for your question and photographs. Yes, you can get a liposuction of the arms, and it will help, but I doubt if you would be satisfied. Your arms are too large and you have too many stretch marks, so I'm afraid you would end up with too much loose skin with a liposuction alone.

You would best benefit from a brachioplasty combined with a liposuction to remove both excess skin and fat.

I hope this has answered your question adequately. Best of luck to you.

Liposuction or arm lift?

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.

• Your photo is very helpful.
  • It shows extensive stretch marks and loose skin as well as excess fat.
  • You will get a good result from an arm lift combined with liposuction.
  • Liposuction alone will remove the fat but leave you with loose, hanging skin.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Arm Liposuction

It appears that you would benefit from a tuck procedure to address the loose skin. Liposuction alone will likely lead to increased laxity and hanging of the skin. An arm tuck or brachiplasty is more suitable and will result in a long scar  hidden along the inner arm.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                    Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift candidate

Thank you for your question. The outcome of just liposuction to your arms wouldn´t be satisfactory as you have excess loose skin which is best addressed with an arm lift procedure. An arm lift will reduce the excess skin and fat from the arm making it leaner. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Arm Lift

Thank you for your question and for sharing a photo. Liposuction of the arm will have minimal effect as you have some loose skin that will only appear looser after removing the fat. You do seem to be a good candidate for an arm lift, which would remove the excess skin and tighten the arm. You will have a scar hidden on the underside of your arm. You'll need to have a consutaltion with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and get exact recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Arm Reduction

You're going to receive some conflicting answers to your question because of experience, opinions, surgeons results, and generalized patient selection factors. This is a very common procedure in my practice and in carefully selected patients such as yourself, I have achieved slimming satisfaction with fine detailed precision laser liposculpting using tiny varied cannulas, multiple positions, awake but relaxed patients, low suction settings (less traumatic), and post operative compression to name some aspects of the process. During the consultation I determine how much fat you have available, how much I think is reasonable to remove, and what the anticipated results will be. If this is in line with your expectations then we proceed.  Post operative radiofrequency skin tightening can enhance your results.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Arm lift

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well!

You have extra skin in your arms. An arm lift is a surgical procedure that:

• Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward
  • Tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
  • Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region

Fluctuations in weight, growing older, and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise.
Arm lift surgery may be right for you if the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.

In general, arm lift candidates include:

• Adults with significant upper arm skin laxity
  • Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
  • Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
  • Non-smokers
  • Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations.... I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I'm sorry but liposuction only treats the fat beneath the skin and not the excess or lax skin. This means that you would be left with a the same amount of skin and it would sag more after lipo. Aesthetically is would not be pleaseing and you would not be happy with the result. The only way to reduce the size of you arms is with an Arm Lift. Liposuction can be combined with an arm lift in order to achieve the results you are looking for.

Best of luck on your procedure!

Dr. Mota

Miguel Mota, MD