Am I a candidate for Liposuction on my arms? (Photo)

Want to know if I can get Lipo on arm

Arm Reduction

You're going to receive some conflicting answers to your question because of experience, opinions, surgeons results, and generalized patient selection factors. This is a very common procedure in my practice and in carefully selected patients such as yourself, I have achieved slimming satisfaction with fine detailed precision laser liposculpting using tiny varied cannulas, multiple positions, awake but relaxed patients, low suction settings (less traumatic), and post operative compression to name some aspects of the process. During the consultation I determine how much fat you have available, how much I think is reasonable to remove, and what the anticipated results will be. If this is in line with your expectations then we proceed.  Post operative radiofrequency skin tightening can enhance your results.  

Liposuction for the arms

While this may be a genetic characteristic that you see in other family members,  I would encourage you to try your best to lose weight before any surgery.  Liposuction does not appear to be a good option and the Brachioplasty (armlift) would likely be the right choice for you.  There is a scar (ugly word) that is associated with this procedure and too often it is visible and can only be covered with long sleeves.  In some ways this diminishes the result for many patients who were hoping to be able to wear short sleeves or tank tops.  I think this is an important topic to discuss with your surgeon.

Kevin Bounds, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Many full arms need both liposuction and arm tucks together for best results.

Liposuction alone will not be enough. I would do lipo with an arm tuck for the best results. The incision is hidden in the armpit area rather than running down the arm as we used to do them many yrs ago.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Arm Lifting vs. Liposuction

Your photo shows a deformity that consists of both excess fat and skin.  Therefore, to get the best improvement in shape and firmness of your arms, you would need both liposuction to remove fat and some type of arm lift to tailor and tighten the skin of your arms.  Occasionally, someone just has extra fat enclosed within skin that has pretty good tone and isn't too stretched out.  Then liposuction alone might be adequate, allowing the skin to contract a little to firm things up.  Unfortunately, your photo shows a short but significant area of skin excess that would just be floppy if the fat was removed without tailoring the skin.  Good luck.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Am I a candidate for Liposuction on my arms?

Greetings

I recommed that you have liposuction plus armlifting. after lipo you will have sagging skin this can be solved by Arm lifting. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs. Yes, you can get a liposuction of the arms, and it will help, but I doubt if you would be satisfied. Your arms are too large and you have too many stretch marks, so I'm afraid you would end up with too much loose skin with a liposuction alone.

You would best benefit from a brachioplasty combined with a liposuction to remove both excess skin and fat.

I hope this has answered your question adequately. Best of luck to you.

Liposuction or arm lift?

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.

• Your photo is very helpful.
  • It shows extensive stretch marks and loose skin as well as excess fat.
  • You will get a good result from an arm lift combined with liposuction.
  • Liposuction alone will remove the fat but leave you with loose, hanging skin.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Arm Liposuction

It appears that you would benefit from a tuck procedure to address the loose skin. Liposuction alone will likely lead to increased laxity and hanging of the skin. An arm tuck or brachiplasty is more suitable and will result in a long scar  hidden along the inner arm.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                    Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift candidate

Thank you for your question. The outcome of just liposuction to your arms wouldn´t be satisfactory as you have excess loose skin which is best addressed with an arm lift procedure. An arm lift will reduce the excess skin and fat from the arm making it leaner. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Arm Lift

Thank you for your question and for sharing a photo. Liposuction of the arm will have minimal effect as you have some loose skin that will only appear looser after removing the fat. You do seem to be a good candidate for an arm lift, which would remove the excess skin and tighten the arm. You will have a scar hidden on the underside of your arm. You'll need to have a consutaltion with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and get exact recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS