I'm 5'0, 105lbs and have saline implants that are 250cc. Will adding 50cc make a significant difference in my size?

I'm 5'0 105 pounds and have saline implants that are 250cc will adding 50cc make a significant difference in my size?

Photos for advices

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to us to give your the advices you need and want.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best implant you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants.

50cc more

As Americans we are often confused by the metric system50cc is 10 teaspoonsor a little more than 3 tablespoons (45ml)or a little less than 1/4 cup (~60ml)or a little less than 2 ounces (60ml)A can of soda is 354ml (it used to be 360ml) yet is still called 12 ounces. 50ml would be 1/7 of a can of soda
In short, you wouldn't notice much difference. I typically tell my patients it takes 75-100ml to notice a significant change in appearance. 

Significant difference?

I guess I am assuming that you want 50cc added to your current breast implant.  The real question is what happens to saline breast implants when you overfill by some additional volume?50cc volume change is probable noticeable but I am not sure if it is significant.  50cc will give you a 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup more breast size.  50cc, however, may change the shape and feel of your saline breast implants.  As the implants get overfilled beyond their optimal fill, they become firmer and rounder and narrower.  Only a physical exam can tell whether your body can tolerate this change.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Will adding 50cc make a significant difference in my size?

Thank you for the question. Yes, given your frame, a 50 cc difference will likely make a noticeable difference; whether it will be a significant ENOUGH of a difference ( to achieve your desired outcome) is a question that online consultants will not be able to answer for you.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "significant difference” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.