5 weeks post Mommy Makeover swelling; should I wait to see what's going to come of this?

I know that with surgery you still have to take it upon yourself and get in the gym to tone up, but my stomach has a little bit of “Swelling or fat” and my back almost has “Rolls” or fat. I am scared, about this and I’m already thinking about getting Lipo.. Should I wait to see whats going to come of this? I just figure that after so much money spent and so much pain to endure I should be 100% happy and at this point I am 75% happy!  “Bitter Sweet”

Thank you for your question.  You are very early in your recovery from surgery.  Your breasts and abdomen will change over the next 6 months.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Post-op recovery in Melbourne, FL.

Regarding your question about swelling after your Mommy Makeover, I would say that you are very early in the recovery process and it can take many months for the body to eliminate swelling and for healing to occur.  I would wait at least a year, if not perhaps longer, before making any judgment about your final result.  Definitely discuss with your board-certified plastic surgeon.  I hope this information is helpful to you.  Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover swelling

Thank you for your question.You are very early in your recovery process. Swelling is normal this early and will diminish as you heal. If you have any concerns or questions please contact surgeon. Best wishes.

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. At this point 5weeks post op the swelling is normal To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts. If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem. Kind regards, Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. I am sorry you are not 100% happy with your results at this time. It is very early in the healing process and can take up to a full year to see the final results.As always, you should discuss your concerns with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Swelling After Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question.I'm so sorry you are currently unhappy with your #mommymakeover result.  That being said, it is still very early in the #healing process and you are still experiencing quite a bit of #swelling.  You will not see your absolute final result for a full year after surgery.If you have major concerns, please contact your #boardcertified plastic surgeon so you may be examined in person.

Mommy make-over - 5 weeks and still swollen

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • I am sorry you are anxious about your result -
  • Now is a good time to see your surgeon for a six week check for reassurance.
  • It takes a full six months to see your earliest final result and things continue to imrpove after that.
  • Lower abdominal swelling is normal at this point - just give it time -
  • Be sure to follow your surgeon's guidance on when and how to start working out.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

5 weeks post MM swelling, should I wait to see what's going to come of this?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your MM surgery.  Depending on the amount of surgery you had performed - tummy tuck and/or liposuction - you may have prolonged swelling to your tissues for 6-12 months after surgery.  Without pictures to offer advice I would advise allowing a few more months to pass in order to assess your long term results. If after this time you are still unhappy with your results talk to your surgeon about what revisions can be performed.

Swelling

You are still early in your recovery process.  It can take a few months for the body to reach its balance.  Yes, living a healthy lifestyle is important, but be careful to take it slow.  Gradually increase your activity when resuming exercise.  Follow your surgeon's instructions for best results.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover swelling

Not sure if you had tummy tuck as part of mommy makeover, but assuming you did, the swelling of the abdomen usually lasts for a while, up to 3 months.  Once swelling is gone, you may discuss the options to improve the body contour further with your surgeon.Best,Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD