I'm 47 is Ultra Shape safe for me? I would like to try it on my stomach, back and love handles. I don't have a photo.

Is UltraShape Right for Me?

Nearly everyone can benefit from UltraShape to destroy areas of unwanted fat.  UltraShape uses nonthermal ultrasound to destroy fat without pain.   It is not recommended during pregnancy or treating an area that has an underlying hernia.  The area to be treated needs have approximately 2cm fat.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape Candidates

We have seen incredible results with Ultrashape in my practice, on various areas of the body, particularly the ones you mention here; that being said, not everyone is a good candidate for the procedure. While Ultrashape is a very safe procedure, the ideal candidate is an active person with a relatively healthy lifestyle who has struggled with stubborn pockets of fat that do not go away, despite diet and exercise. I take the in-person consultation very seriously because it is during this time that I can assess the treatment areas and discuss your goals - I am honest with those I do not deem good candidates, whether due to body type, dieting habits or unrealistic goals. Those that are good candidates typically see results ranging from 1-3 inches lost and as early as within the first two weeks following the initial treatment. The average treatment consists of three sessions total, spaced two weeks apart each and involves no pain or downtime.

Dennis Gross, MD

Is UltraShape safe at 47?

Thank you for asking a question. Ultrashape uses ultrasound waves to "shake" stubborn fat cells so hard that they break and release their contents. These fat cells are permanently destroyed. The procedure is painless, and is absolutely safe at your age and beyond. 

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Versus SculpSure versus Ultrashape and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

All noninvasive devices take 3 months to see roughly 15-25% improvement. For a non-invasive procedure, I prefer SculptSure over UltraShape. You will always need multiple treatments to see an outcome or more if you want contouring as opposed to a surgical procedure like hi definition liposuction in which the results are seen immediately but there is much more downtime for a more permanent result. Best, Dr. Emer