I'm 20 yrs old, 161lbs, 5'7. I jog/fast walk at least 30 mins 6 days a week. Would a Tummy Tuck help flatten my stomach? (photo)

I've tried many cardio workouts but my stomach doesn't seem to flatten out. Would a tummy tuck be a solution for me.

Tummy tuck flatten my stomach

You have excess skin in the lower abdominal area that can only be removed during a tummy tuck..  Looks like you are in great shape otherwise and would benefit from the procedure. Please see a plastic surgeon who can examine you and give you all your options.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photo!  You would be a great candidate for a male tummy tuck!  I advise you to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who preforms these routinely!  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you look like an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  The exercise you have done has set you up for an outstanding outcome from the surgery.

I'm 20 yrs old, 161lbs, 5'7. I jog/fast walk at least 30 mins 6 days a week. Would a Tummy Tuck help flatten my stomach?

You appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck. Look at reviews and before and after pictures as well as credentials to select your surgeon.

Would a tummy tuck flatten my stomach?

Hello and thank you for your question.

Unfrortunately no amount of exercise will flatten out your stomach because of the excess skin that you have which has lost its elasticity. The only way to get rid of that is by excising it surgically. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of Luck to you!

Tummy tuck is a great option.

Based on your photo, it seems like you have lost a lot of weight.  Congratulations on your weight loss!  As you have experienced, losing weight and exercising do not eliminate excess skin.  You would look great with tummy tuck.  Please vist with board-certified plastic surgeon who will inform you about benefits, limitations, and possible short and long-term complications of the surgery. Best wishes.

Flatter stomach

it depends on what you mean by flatter. You have a flat abdomen at the present time, although you have some loose skin. If removing that skin will give you what you are calling a flatter stomach, then yes, you are a candidate.

Julio Garcia, MD

Loose skin despite exercise

Loose skin despite exercise
It would appear that you have some loose skin that can be removed with a limited tummy tuck

Would a Tummy Tuck help flatten my stomach?

First of all, it is clear that you have lost a significant amount of weight, so congratulations on that success! One of the unfortunate side effects of significant weight loss is that the excess skin becomes loose and tends to hang. Unfortunately there is no amount of exercise that can get rid of that skin so the only way to remove it is with a surgical procedure. In your case, since this excess skin is in your lower abdomen, the procedure of choice is exactly as you thought - a Tummy Tuck. If you want to get more information about exactly what you need then see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a formal consultation.

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Male tummy tuck

Hello. Thank you for your photos. It appears that you have lower abdominal skin laxity consistent with significant weight loss.Congratulations on your new body! However, skin laxity is a persistent issue that is best addressed surgically. I would recommend an abdominoplasty – the specifics of which will be slightly different for you – focusing on skin removal to give you a tighter appearing abdomen. Many of our male patients requiring tummy tuck have mostly excess skin after weight loss. I recommend setting up an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in abdominal contouring in order to get a personalized surgical plan. Good luck.

Stanley Okoro, MD