2 weeks post op and my implants are still high and odd/oblong shaped. Should I be worried they will never drop properly? (photo)

Ideal Implants 340L and 365R- Oct 13th. Right was my smaller boob and got bigger implant. It seems different shaped and definitely not dropping at all. Were my implants placed too high or my pocket not made big enough? My nipples were always in the middle of my boob and now they are very low. Will my boobs ever drop? Also why are mine more oblong than round? Despite stressing I didn't want to go too big for my body and wanted a natural look, these may be too big and never fit? 5'2", 103 lbs

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

BA

Your concerns are valid.  These implants may be too big for you and the pocket may have been made too small.  You may require a revision to either increase the size of the pocket or in addition exchange the implants.  In the meantime, massage the devices downward and medially to keep them soft and allow the pocket to increase with the massage.  

Implant appearance

It is very early in the post-op course and it is fairly common for implants to be high at this point. You will have to give it 4-6 months for them to settle.

2 weeks post op and my implants are still high and odd/oblong shaped. Should I be worried they will never drop properly?

Thank you for your question. At 2 weeks its still very early in your healing process. Your breast implants will settle in to their place with time, which can be even months. Just be patient and stay in contact with your surgeon. Good luck

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after BA

Thank you for your question. You are early in healing and your breast continue to change in the coming few weeks.They will continue to drop and may be differently, which is normal. Please follow instructions from your PS

You are still very early into your recovery. Everyone heals at different rates. It will take several weeks for your implants to start to fall into place. Once they do begin to drop, your nipples will settle more into the middle of your chest. Continue to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon and follow any post care instructions that he/she may have suggested. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Funny shape breasts two weeks after augmentation

You have a right to be concerned about your surgery, it was a big step for you and you want a great result. However its much too early to be making any judgement about the surgery. Your skin and muscle will relax with time, the implants will settle and drop. How long this process takes is difficult to assess. Discuss your concerns with your PS, he(she) is your best source for information. If revision surgery is necessary I usually wait 3-4 months before making a decision.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

It can take 3 to 6 months for the implants to settle so time will help. Follow your plastic surgeons advice. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Should I be worried they will never drop properly?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, or meaningful reassurance.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.   The vast majority of patients with your concerns at your stage in the recovery process, turn out to be much happier two to three months after the procedure was performed.  Understandably, patients often experience significant emotional "ups and downs" around the time of surgery.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  After placement of implants, the appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As the swelling resolves the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.