2 1/2 months post op and so bummed. Why did mine turn out this way? (Photo)

I21/2 months post op. I have mentioned my breast were really asymmetrical from the start . I totally get doctors are not magicians, however I have now studies multiple procedures where women were like me to start with and there results are way closer than mine. Since I've been younger I was always self conscious and now im even more. Why did mine turn out this way. Yes I hear some day wait 6 mths others say 3 but from the start I seen this issue. I had 500 cc in left, 200 cc and lift in right.

Asymmetry after breast enhancement

Thank you for your question and pics.
The fact that you had a 500cc implant on the left and a 200cc implant on the right with a lift indicates that you had significant breast asymmetry to begin within.  These cases can be quite challenging and often require revisions and touch-ups.  Judging by these photos at 2.5 months out, it does appear that you may require a revision.  This can usually be performed between 3-6 months after your original surgery, after the inflammation has settled down in your tissue.  Your surgeon will be your best guide in planning your follow up care so be sure to maintain frequent contact with him/her.  It does appear that you would need a lift on the left breast to match the nipple position on the right.  Best of luck!

Asymmetry after Breast Enhancement

The very significant difference in implant volume suggests a similarly significant volume discrepancy of your breasts before surgery.  I think that, at under 3 months, your right breast (on the left in the photo) looks nice.  There is some evidence of your prior inframammary fold on the lower pole of the breast, but this will likely improve in time.  The left breast seems to still be less full and remains ptotic by comparison.  I think that it will require revision.  At this point, I would wait a little longer for the tissues to fully relax and the scars to soften before moving forward with revision.  You will certainly need a lift on the left, and you may need a different sized implant as well.  I am not sure what type of lift you had on the left to begin with.  If the scar is only around the areola, you may have to accept a vertical scar to give you a more powerful lift. Rest assured that the issues you are having are correctable with a surgery that is minor by comparison to what you have already been through.  Augmentation with simultaneous lift, especially in the setting of preoperative breast asymmetry, has a lot of moving parts. That is not to mention the sometimes unpredictable changes that occur during the healing phase. With so much going on with this surgery, revisions, though not commonplace, are more frequently required than with other type so surgery.  Stay in close contact with your surgeon as I am sure he or she will be more than happy to work with you to get to a result that makes you happy.  It is certainly achievable.  I wish you the very best! 

2 1/2 months post op and so bummed. Why did mine turn out this way?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Doesn't look right

From your story and your photographs, it would be my impression that you had very asymmetric breasts to begin with. You needed an implant only on the right and a mastopexy with an implant on the left. These operations can be tricky when you're doing them right next to each other. You will probably need some type of revision to re-lift that left side as well as add more volume. I would wait as many months as you could to allow that lower pole to stretch. Go back to your operating surgeon and discuss. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photos.  It does appear that you will need a revision.  The fold of your left breast appears to be higher than your right one.  Ultimately your surgeon will be the best source of advice and information after this procedure.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

You will need to have full lift over the left side

Your before pictures would have been helpful. I would suggest that you see your surgeon and let him/her to fix the asymmetry. Looks like you need full lift.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Now you need to seek in person second opinions from boarded PSs in your city.........................................

Assymetry post aug

From your photos your left nipple is lower than your right and to be more symmetric this would need to be corrected.It is hard to judge your size from these photos but that to can be corrected.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Obviously you must have had significant asymmetry to begin with since you had such different implants placed. These can be very hard to treat and make symmetrical. You have to give it more time to settle, but likely will need a revision to better match them.