10 day post op breast aug. Leaking fluids from left incision 350cc under muscle? (Photo)

Leaking fluids from left incision only 10 day post op 350cc 10 days post op breast aug. Bloody, clearish, yellowy fluid leaking out left incision. Infection? Will I have to get my implants removed? No fever, nothing more than discomfort and tightness. 5'2 110lbs 32a had 350cc silicone under muscle. Right breast is completely normal and healing perfectly.

Implant issue

Leaking fluids from your incision at ten days is not goo. You need to see your surgeon and get evaluated. Good luck.

Complication and post op

Thanks for the question.My advice for you is to talk with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible and follow his advices.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Leakage from incision

Hello, without a proper assessment and possibly some investigations it is not possible to know whether there is an infection or other problem.  I would recommend contacting your surgeon for advice.

10 day post op breast aug. Leaking fluids from left incision 350cc under muscle?

This definitely warrants a visit to your surgeon today to determine if this is a seroma or infection. These will sometimes clear with antibiotics, but may require surgery to drain. If you require surgery, the implant can be changed sometimes, but it may require removal to clear the infection.

Please see your surgeon

The risk of infection is low but you need to see your surgeon for evaluation and possible antibiotics. This can be just seroma but the best thing is to see your surgeon today.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I recommend to call your PS and be evaluated today. May be developing infection or seroma. The earlier the better to avoid the implant from risk.

Leaking incision

You should call to be seen by your surgeon today.  One must rule out infection in this scenario, and it is imperative that infections be evaluated and treated early to avoid putting the implant at risk.  Call your surgeon today.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  By 10 days after a breast augmentation your incisions should not be draining any significant amount of fluid and out of concern for an infection I would see your surgeon sooner than later to assess the need for antibiotics or possible implant removal depending on the diagnosis.  Best wishes.

Leaking fluid after a breast augmentation

Hi. This is not normal healing. My advice would be to contact your surgeon with some urgency and have him / her evaluate you in person. At the very least, a sonar may be scheduled and antibiotics started once a culture has been taken.

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  Unfortunately,  nothing will replace in-person evaluation by your plastic surgeon when it comes to an accurate assessment and advice. This type of drainage may be related to a superficial process ( in which case the underlying breast implants are not involved) or a deeper process (for example, a fluid accumulation around the breast implants).   Again, close follow-up will be necessary. Best wishes.