I'm 234 LBS, 5'9" and I want a BBL. Am I a good candidate or do I need to lose weight? (photos)

Thank you for your question.  Consider losing some weight before scheduling an in person consultation. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

I'm 234 LBS, 5'9" and I want a BBL. Am I a good candidate or do I need to lose weight?

The BMI is only one measure of candidacy for the procedure.   Some doctors will have a different level of comfort with regard to the procedure for larger individuals.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Having a BBL

Based mostly on your picture if you appear to be a good candidate for a BBL.

It would not hurt to lose a few pounds(40 to 50 pounds)

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Your first step with the information given should be to loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure. Your bmi is at 34.6 and you should be at 32 . You need to loose a little bit of weight and you should be fine. 

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Ideal weight range for Brazilian butt lift

Thank you for your question.The ideal weight range for BBL is a BMI (body mass index) between 26-30. These candidates can usually achieve excellent results with a low risk. If you have less, there might not be enough fat for a really good outcome, they surgery may become risky.

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon