How long after a yag laser treatment should tiny leg veins disappear? (photos)

I had a yag laser treatment for some tiny veins on my leg and now they look worse than before. It has been a month since my second treatment for these veins. Is it normal for the darkness to last this long? How much longer should I expect darkness and discoloration, and at this point is there any hope that the veins will disappear?

Leg vein treatment

Thank you for your question ayohn. Leg veins can be treated effectively with lasers. Sometimes up to three treatments is required. For my patients I recommend spacing them every 8-12 weeks. Hyperpigmentation can occur after a treatment and sun avoidance is important to prevent this. Hyperpigmentation does resolve on its own but could take a year or more. It can also be treated with topical products such as hydroquinone. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician