Would malar implants stop my face from drooping? If not, what would? (photos)

My face looks a little older and more tired than it should at my age. I was wondering if malar implants would help this issue. I've seen baby pictures where my face looks kind of droopy as well, which is why I'm assuming it is from my bone structure.

Lifting the face with Volume

The cheek is made up of a complex series of fat pads, sounds like some of yours may have been weak from the start. Fillers can be injected into the cheek. Studies have shown that in about 1/3 of patients it will lift the cheek and soften the fold between the cheek and mouth. Cheek implants would offer a longer lasting effect. 

You may want to consider some filler to the corners of the mouth as this is giving the face a sad or pulled down look as well.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Malar Implants to Stop My Face From Drooping

Based on these pictures I don't feel your face is drooping but you do not have adequate projection and contour in your cheeks. Your cheeks can be augmented with injections of fillers such as Volume or Restylane Lyft, injections of your own fat, or permanent correction with silicone implants. None of these approaches will lift the cheeks but they will provide projection and strength to your mid-face. 

Would malar implants stop my face from drooping? If not, what would?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek implants, chin implants), liposuction and/or facelifts.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat in the front and there is excess fat surrounding the lower part of the cheeks/face.  This create a soft, wide, rectangular shaped face.  Adding cheek implants will help slow the aging process by supporting the tissues over the cheeks.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Facial Rejuvenation

Implants wouldn't solve the drooping. However, there are many options including skin tightening with thermage/venus legacy, fillers to the area and Sculptra for collagen building.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience for facial rejuvenation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Malar cheek implants

Cheek implants are placed for patients who have a  volumetric loss of soft tissue in the mid-face and malar area. They're not designed to lift a droopy face. Cheek implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes. We use Implantech SIlastic Cheek implants for the last 25 years with an  excellent success rate.  For more information, diagrams, and many examples, please see the link and the video below