Should I Have a Full TT revision after a mostly successful mini TT? (photos)

Had lipo and mini TT with full muscle repair 5 mos ago. Overall, very pleased. Happy w/: waist shape-love the contour and am much smaller; tightness of ab muscles; Ab definition visible--never had before; tummy fat gone; scar-low, straight, flat, not too long, healing well.Not happy w/: BB shape-wanted more vertical; loose skin above BB and upper abs near breast area-esp. when I sit down or bend over. I do want a breast lift sometime in the future so could i do it then? What about reverse TT?

Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck in Los Angeles

Hello and thank you for the question.I would recommend undergoing a formal tummy tuck in conjunction with your breast lift when you are ready and well healed from the primary surgery. At that time, the umbilicus may be addressed as well, and I would review how the surgeon prefers to shape the umbilicus, as there is considerable variability between surgeons. Warmest Regards,

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

The full tummy tuck the first time would have addressed all of your concerns.  This is the limitation of the mini.  You will need a full.

TT revision

It sounds like you had a sucessful operation for what you had done. However, the supraumbilcal bulge and excess could have likely been addressed with a full TT for your first operation. As for BB shape, each surgeon has their preference for how to make BB, some round, some vertical, some a "V", that is a discussion you need to have with your prior surgeon or your next surgeon. A reverse TT does address the skin/fat above the BB area, however it is not a commonly performed procedure bc the scar often crosses midline from under one breast to the other. Without seeing pictures it sounds like you would be a better candidate for a revision full tummy tuck to address the loose skin above BB and a breast lift(mommy makeover) at the same time.

Loose upper abdomen after mini tt

Thank you for your question. I would recommend you wait until you are ready for your breast lift, and then do a reverse TT thru that incision. The breast lift incision will need to be a little longer than necessary normally, but have done the procedure this way and been very pleased with the results. The advantage of doing them together is one recovery period rather than 2 and usually saving some money by doing them combined. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area or return to the original surgeon.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

I think you have a very good result.  Loose skin when you bend over is hard to eliminate.  I use the old adage "the enemy of good is better".  Best of luck. Jane