What can I expect? I am 26 years old, 5'4, 112 lbs, healthy lifestyle DD/E cup size. I am interested in reduction and lift.

I am considered petite except for my breast which are 36 DD/E. Pregnancy and exclusively beast feeding has left me which much larger, sagging breast. I am interested in a reduction and lift and am wondering what realistic size I could be after surgery? I would love a B cup but don't know if that is attainable. My husband and I do plan to have more children but plan to wait at least two years. Is having surgery now reasonable or should I wait until after children?

I am interested in reduction and lift.

Unfortunately, pregnancy and breast feeding can have unpredictable changes to breasts. It is impossible to guess what will happen to your results. I would suggest you postpone plans for surgery until you are done with your pregnancies. I hope this helps.

Best wishes and kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Reduction options

Yes you can have the reduction surgery you want and still have more children later. The size you want to achieve should be based on the look you like, your comfort, your Plastic Surgeon's recommendation about what is proportionate and what will create an attractive shape.

I recommend that you not focus too much on bra cup sizing as there is no standard for bra sizing and cup measurements vary between manufacturers.

All the best 

Breast reduction

Yes, you can go down to a B cup with a breast reduction, but it may or may not look good on you. How small you can be is really not the question, because a surgeon can remove all of your breast tissue entirely. What really matters is how small you can be while maintaining a pleasing breast shape that is in proportion to your body. Your overall height and body shape influence how different breast sizes and shapes look on your body.
There are many factors your surgeon will take into account to give you a shape and size that suit your body.

There is a balance to maintain in order to end up with nice looking breasts, and includes breast size, shape, cup volume, nipple position, symmetry, chest width, torso height, etc. If you are told an expected cup size after surgery, keep in mind that is only a guess. Most surgeons do not speak in terms of cup sizes because your cup size will vary based on what brand lingerie you buy. Also, when patients describe what cup size they want, they are not just referring to the breast volume they like, but the shape that they like when the breasts are in a bra.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals. 

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast reduction and lift after having children

Thank you for your question and thorough description. Your body goes through a series of changes during pregnancy. If you are considering a breast reduction and lift, you can visit a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person assessment. This way, you can explain your questions/concerns and find an option that fits your situation best. 

Good luck, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question, Courtney.  You can certainly have surgery even if you plan to have more children in the future.  In regards to size, you can pretty much go down to whatever size you want.  When we file breast reduction cases to insurance, most companies require us to remove a certain amount of breast tissue, but if you'd like to be a B cup, that shouldn't be a problem.  I would suggest scheduling an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can talk about your expectations and goals for the surgery as well as get his or her opinion as to what procedure will best help you attain those goals.  Again, thanks for your inquiry and have a great day.

Breas reduction, some advices:

Thanks for the question! 
First of all I need to see your photos to give you advices and recommendations of your interest. You have the option to perform the surgery now if you don't want more babies in the few years. 
Kind regards, 
Dr .Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Pregnancy can indeed impact on your breasts, as you well know. It is very possible that after your breast reduction and subsequent pregnancy(ies) you may find that your breasts have once again enlarged, or smaller, and/or become saggier. That being understood, breast reduction surgery is life changing for women who suffer from large heavy breasts, regardless of when they undergo their surgery. 

Consult with an an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to learn specifics. He or she can best guide you on the various techniques and timing of your surgery. 

A "B" cup might not be realistic if you are a double d or e, but your plastic surgeon will discuss this in detail during your consultation.

Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Nothing replaces an in-person examination, or full series of photographs, but the breast issues detailed in your narrative are common for women who have children and seek to attain a breast enhancement procedure.  A "B' cup may be attainable, but the most important consideration is to leave you with a pleasing size and shape, that fits your frame, improves any asymmetry, and approximates your goal appearance.  Pregnancy may affect your results, but it is unclear as to what degree it may do this.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss the best treatment options. 

Breast augmentation

These are all great questions. If you are still considering having children you may want to wait until you are completely finished. However without pictures it is difficult to determine if you could become a B cup after a breast lift. I would suggest visiting a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who can describe all the options available to you based upon your anatomy.Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Visit a PS

you for the question. It would be
difficult to fully assess your situation without pictures or an in-person examination.  Based on your description, you sound like you would benefit from a breast lift or breast reduction.  Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and
have a full evaluation. Best of luck.
Dr. Michael Omidi.
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS