Voluma in marionette lines? (Photo)

Yesterday I went to see what could be done about softening my marionette lines. I am 56. She injected Voluma directly into lines. Today I look red and bit swollen and feels like longish bump under skin. Is this right as reading here sounds like voluma should go into cheeks not into the crease lines? Do I go back and ask to fix or wait to see for a few days? It cost $700. This lady is also a general practitioner and she seemed happy with results but I am feeling quite upset and silly for doing it now

Too soon to judge

It is quite common to be red and to feel small "bumps" under the skin after an injectable. These should diminish with time. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma & Marionette Lines

Dear Zambezi:

It is not uncommon to get swelling early on after filling.  This swelling usually subsides within a few weeks.  I recommend following up with your injector 2 weeks after injection.  all the best.

Voluma in Marionette Lines

Thank you for your question and photos.  Voluma would not normally be my first choice of filler in the soft tissue areas of the lower face.  Over time, however, the Voluma should settle nicely.  It is completely normal to feel Voluma under the skin immediately post-injection because it has more cross-linking than other soft tissue hyaluronic acid based fillers.  After a few weeks or so, the Voluma will meld with your tissues and you won't be bothered by the feel of the filler any longer.  If you have any concerns, visit your favorite plastic surgeon's office and ask your injector about options for providing lift which will minimize the marionette lines.  Sometimes it takes a few syringes of filler to achieve full correction, but there is nothing wrong with layering Voluma over time.  Wishing you so much bliss on your journey!

Remus Repta, MD

Filler to Marionette Area -- Consider Lifting

filler to this area will help but only a small amount.  you have a lot of skin laxity that needs lifting and tightening. I suggest a formal consultation to see what really will give you the best improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma in marionette lines, 24 hour results

It is still too early to make judgement of the results from Voluma in marionette lines. It takes about a week to settle down. Swelling and bruising are normal. The filler gradually integrates with your body and you won't be able to feel it after a week in most cases. Voluma can be injected into areas other than the cheek with good results. Marionette lines are difficult to eradicate and you must be happy with improvements with just one syringe being used. Other methods to treat this area include: PDO threads, facelift, filler in the upper cheek, skin tightening devices such as Infini or other RF.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma and Cheeks

Voluma is typically injected into the cheeks to give you a lift but it can also be injected into the nasolabial lines.  I would try to massage the lumps out since you should be feeling smooth.  If next week you still need lumps I would return to the treating physician for examination.  I would consult a board certified dermatologist who is trained in cosmetic injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma in marionette lines?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  In the first few days after filler placement it is normal to have some redness, swelling, and soreness to the treated areas.  You can even feel the filler placed under the skin. Over the first 2-3 weeks the filler will soften and become incorporated into your tissues, leaving you with a more natural result and feel.  Allow a few more weeks to pass before assessing the need for dissolving.  Best wishes.

Voluma injections

I would wait a few days before you do anything. Voluma can be injected anywhere except the lips, although done more often in the cheeks. After you get filler it is normal to be able to feel it under the skin, this will lessen over time.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon