Asymmetrical Face - Makes Me Appear Angry, Please Help Me to Pinpoint the Problem Areas? (photo)

Please, I need some expert observations on the condition of my face, as it's been bugging me for a while not knowing exactly what is "wrong" or different about my face. Do I have "orbital dystopia"? I think I may also have Strabismus as it seems my eyes aren't aligned normally. Are there other things you may have noticed?

Doctor Answers 9

Diagnosis of facial asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You seem to have many concerns. Without a proper exam it is not possible to determine the cause or predict a treatment with any degree of certainty. The anatomy of the face is very complex and even more challenging is that the structure is different with every changing facial expression. You will get a  real solution by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon. Most offer free or low cost consultations.

Asymmetrical Face - Makes Me Appear Angry, Please Help Me to Pinpoint the Problem Areas?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Although your photographs are unclear I think you need some fat grafting.  This will help even out an asymmetrical face. You may also need some small lifts in specific areas. You should see some Plastic Surgeons in your area for evaluation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 117 reviews

Asymmetrical Face - Makes Me Appear Angry, Please Help Me to Pinpoint the Problem Areas?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You might have ptosis or a droopy eyelid on the right side. You seem to be compensating by elevating your right eyebrow. To soften your look, you could consider filling your cheeks (through fat transfer), reducing your chin, and volumizing your forehead. A rhinoplasty to decrease the prominence of your nose could also soften your look.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

Hard to tell what is making you look angry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is more complicated than analyzing a few still photos.  In situation such as these, I find it best for patients to describe their top 3 concerns about their face.  This may help guide both you and the surgeon the best course of action to help you look "less angry".  I would recommend having a consultation and to focus on what your potential goals may be.




Assymetrical face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Facial fat grafying is amazinz for reshaping your face, cheeks and correcting deepset eyes. It is necessary to see an expert in fat grafting to do this. Your pictures arent good but the range of fat grafting procedures is so broad I'm sure it can help

Richard Ellenbogen, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Asymmetrical Face Concerns

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your photos. I don't see your situation as your face being "wrong" but there is some asymmetry. While facial asymmetry is natural and normal, I recommend you meet with a specialist who can meet you and evaluate your concerns in a three dimensional way. If the orbital appearance has changed from the way you appeared in the past, you should meet with an orbital specialist.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

No clarity in photos

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The clarity of the photos are not sufficient to provide an accurate diagnosis.  Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to get a clearer treament plan.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Right upper palpebral eye looks like ptosic

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

even photos  are not enough clair i suppose perhaps you have a  right upper ptotic palpebral eye, conjugated with perhaps a begining left paralisis  hemiface, it is  a pitty than magnificent photos are not here, i tried augmentation 200% but are not  enough clair.

if that is your real problem has  easy solution any certified plastic reconstructive surgeon could  repair the  defect

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What you demonstrate in the photo is right upper eyelid ptosis.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

With out a personal examination, I can address the other concerns.  I recommend that if this issue bothers you, consider seeing a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory of highly qualified surgeons on their website.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.