My left eye smaller than the right eye. How to Correct Asymmetrical Eyes? (photo)

My name is Adrian and I have a very disturbing problem,I have to say.I have my left eye smaller than the right eye.What could be done in order my problem to be corrected?. I mention I had high myopia corrected by lens implant ten years ago[I am 35 years old]

Doctor Answers 2

Asymmetry is the norm

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

All of us have differences and yours are what I would consider within normal limits. Your bony eye socket may be different and there is not anything that can be done to correct it. Make sure your eye doctor does not think you have ptosis as it is hard to see on a small photo. My guess is that you don't need anything at all done.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

Uneven eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is very subtle and I suspect that the solution may be worse than the problem. There may be many reasons for this that cannot always be corrected. Seek evaluation by an opthalmologist to evaluate possible causes of blepahroptosis.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.