Asymmetrical Areola and Scars, How Can It Be Corrected?

i am a 30 year old male and i had Multiple gynecomastia surgery to correct my puffy nipples.Now my areola looks asymmetrical in shape and i also it has scars.i feel very disappointed with the surgeries.please let me know if my problem can be corrected

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Asymmetric Areola and Scars, How Can It Be Corrected?

Scar revision may be appropriate, but an exam will be necessary to determine this. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures and male breast reductions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Darker skin types prone to bad scars!

Hi,

It's hard to tell what's going on. But as I can inspect: There's a scar around the areola and there's depression under the areola (please correct me if I'm wrong). 

Any surgical scar revision may aggravate bad scar tissue formation in people with darker skin (Fitzpatrick types 4-5-6). Therefore I wouldn't recommend surgical scar revision for you. Regarding the depression, it can be filled with fat injection procedure without any apparent scar. Fat can be harvested from your flanks (love handles) or tummy. It's a relatively easy procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia.

Best wishes

Kamran Efendioglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Scar

It is not possible to determine that from the single view photo. Best to be seen in person. In many cases things can be improved

Scar revisions sometimes necessary after gynecomastia.

I can't tell from the photograph whether I would recommend a scar revision but it could be done under local anesthesia. The wound in the picture however appears to be biologically active and you should let this become totally quiescent before proceeding.

Very hard to respond seeing ONLY one view of one breast! Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from PSs in your city.//