I want to get 2 veneers for my upper front teeth (central incisors). Would 2 veneers be ok for my teeth to look great? (photo)

I do not want to waste extra money on additional veneers. The veneers are intended to close the gap between my two front teeth. I am not trying to redo my entire smile.

Closing a large gap with veneers

Good morning,
Looking at your case I can see something that very commonly presents to my office as a cosmetic dentist. Without examining you it is difficult to say fully, but from the picture it appears as if you have multiple issues going on with your teeth, which in turn affect the treatment of your gap. You appear to have a space disharmony, crowding, a cross bite, and the gap. Your right tooth appears to be lined up correctly with the bottom tooth (midlines line up) and the left appears to have shifted left.  If you were to "fix" the space with just two veneers, the teeth would look way too big, and would look shifted out of position. It is also not correcting the problem with your bite there, and in all likelihood, you would fracture the veneers in the future. You could camouflage the space problem a little better by doing 4 veneers, but you are not addressing the real reasons and functional problems. In all honesty, if you want your smile to truly look "great", I would suggest that you first do orthodontic movement, be it braces or invisalign, and then if you still need veneers, do them later. It will be much healthier, be better for your teeth in the future, and maybe yo won't have to cut your teeth. Cost will not be that much different.
I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution.
-Dr. Alvarez

#Veneers for gap between front teeth #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
For most cases, I recommend veneering four or more teeth, not just two. Closing your gap with only two veneers would result in those teeth looking much larger than the adjacent teeth. I would recommend doing some research to select an experienced cosmetic dentist that really knows what they are doing. The best indicator to determine if the dentist is going to give you results you're looking for, is by viewing before and after photos of his/her patients that have undergone the same procedures. I'll link a before and after photo of a patient of mine who's diastema was corrected with veneers.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Your two front teeth

From the photograph you have posted it appears as though there is a significant space (or diastema) between your front teeth.  Although your front teeth are long enough camouflage the gap with two veneers, and not break the laws of golden proportion, it will make your front teeth look enormous compared to your other teeth.  The easiest way to test this is for you to find a cosmetic dentist who can do cosmetic imaging with a photograph of your face/smile.  That way you can actually see what it might look like.  Also, a diagnostic wax up would provide some insight here as well.  You may want to consider some other options too like short term orthodontics or clear aligner correction.  Or, maybe consider not closing the gap entirely, but leaving a little bit of a space.  Some of my patients say their "gap" gives their smile character.  There are some famous celebrities with gaps too.  Whatever you decide, make sure to see an experienced cosmetic dentist who can show you cases like yours that they have corrected.  For the best way to find a good cosmetic dentist, feel free to contact me and I can provide some information for you in your area (New York).All the best,