I would like to know if I need a lift or if I could just have an augmentation that would correct the current sagginess? (photos)

I do not want to end up too big given that I will start with some natural breast tissue. I'm 5'-1" 124 lbs and with a wide chest - so I've been told by PS. Thanks!

Breast Implants Plus or Minus Implants

Depending on how you feel about where your breast footprint lies on your chest you can simply just have an implant with a special intra-operative surgical technique to lift the breasts.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Lift with augmentation

You look like you could benefit from an augmentation and possibly a circumareolar lift.  Best of luck.

Breast implants vs. breast lift

Breast implants may help lift the breast initially.  Large implants with time can put weight on the breast skin and cause sagging.  

Breast augmentation can be performed alone as a primary procedure; if ptosis persist then a second staged breast lift can be done.

Breast augmentation +/- lift

Many patients have only minimal breast sagging and so an implant alone oftentimes provides enough lift so that no additional incisions are necessary.  No bridges are burned by only placing an implant -- if the patient feels she still needs more of a lift after the implants settle in, she can always the do an additional lift procedure.  In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations, always visit a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY

No lift

All you need are breast implants. No lift is needed. You have a slight asymetry which probably will remain, so all you need are some implants. They dont need to be too large. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast augmentation/lift

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have an examination of your breasts done. At that point, the surgeon can recommend whether you need a breast lift, breast augmentation or both. From the photos you have posted, it seems as though a lift would not be necessary, a breast augmentation with implants may be sufficient to correct the slight sagging appearance and add projection and volume. At my office, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view what your breasts would look like after a lift, or view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose.  
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation, no lift

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique.  You do not need a lift based on what I see in this picture.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Based on this and your photos, I would recommend having the implants alone. You do have some sagging but it is mild. This is called glandular or pseudo-ptosis. There is some sagging of the breast skin but the nipple position is normal and "points" forward.

The photo shows your nipple position is slightly uneven. As a general rule, breast implants IMPROVE size differences, but WORSEN shape / nipple position differences. The implants tend to magnify such discrepancies. You should know this moving forward. 

You should seek several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking and make sure any health conditions you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants without lift

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation, which will provide fullness and a subtle lift. The size and type of implant that you choose will depend on your desired level of fullness. You may need a partial lift in conjunction with implants to achieve the lift that you are looking for. I recommend discussing these options with your board certified plastic surgeon, who can individualize your treatment plan. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Needed

Ivida.  Hard to tell without physical exam, but your photos demonstrate probable need for some sort of lift to get optimal results. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD