Will this crease go away? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair and umbilical hernia repair with lipo on flanks 10 days ago. My doctor says everything looks great and it looks good to me as well . Only today I noticed a small crease right below my bellybutton and I am panicking! Is this normal? Will it go away? Could my compression garmet cause this..?although i do not believe its too tight..

Tummytuck Concerns

I appreciate your concern, but it is way too early in your postop course to worry. Your photo does not show any serious problems. Consult with your plastic surgeon and try to be patient because it appears that you have a great result! Good luck!

Crease

You are very early in the post-op and it may be related to swelling. Best to review with your surgeon if you have concerns.

Crease

You are very early in the healing and settling process which can take several weeks to months. Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended during this process.

10 days post op

At 10 days out you remain swollen.  The appearance should all improve with resolution. If not continue to discuss it with your surgeon.  

Best of luck

J. Brad Turner, MD
Lexington Physician

Still so early

At only 10 days, there is still swelling in the tissue, and the binder I'm sure is squeezing the tissues as well.  Of course, you should be bringing her concerns up to your surgeon, but I usually recommend time and massage for small things like this, which almost always settle out and flatten. 

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Crease Around Belly Button After Abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question. It is hard to tell if the crease will resolve; however, there is a good chance it will improve over time as your swelling resolves in the next several weeks to months. Check back with your surgeon. 

Post op appearance

I see the crease but it is far too early to tell if it will stay or not. Keep following your surgeon's instructions.

Tummy tuck

You are still very early in the post operative period so please be patient with your results.  As the swelling goes down the appearance of your belly button will change.  Best wishes!

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Will this crease go away?

In all likelihood, minor problems like this resolve with time. It is certainly something that you should follow up with your surgeon. He or she may recommend massage for scar therapy to help with this problem.

Patience is difficult

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  At ten days, patients are beginning to feel like they are turning the corner, but in actuality, they are far from any end result.  The crease at the lower portion of the belly button is likely due to swelling in the region and will resolve as the swelling does.  Ensuring that your skin is smooth and not bunching when you are applying your compression garment helps reduce the chance that you may inadvertently create a crease or dent.  Superficial lymphatic massage that you can perform by yourself will facilitate swelling reduction as well.  Do not hesitate to bring your concern up to your plastic surgeon,  We all want our patients to feel confident in their recovery.  Unnecessary stress only slows the healing process.  If there is something that needs to be managed, any good plastic surgeon will have a plan that will leave you confident in the anticipated end result.  Here's to a "smooth" recovery.