Can I achieve a pleasant result with just fat transfer and a donut lift of the nipples? Thanks! (photos)

Am I a good candidate for fat transfer to the breast and a donut lift of the nipples? I am changing my mind about getting implants altogether...however I want a better appearance to my breast. Not so much interested about bigger breast just a little fuller in the upper pole and a higher position of my nipples..I'm 5'-1", 124 lbs. with some fat in the stomach and maybe thighs. Thank you for your professional advice!

Good Candidtae for Implant Procedure

Thanks for submitting your photos. In my opinion you are a very good candidate for an implant procedure. Fat injection to breasts is not offered as during cancer researches it can confuse and give bad results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon....

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Implant vs Fat Transfer

You can perform breast fat transfer with approx 400cc of fat per side, along with a donut lift. This would help improving your breast shape and nipple position. 

However, your another alternative which is as good as or even better than the your first option is getting an implant. I would recommend you go for approx 300CC round shape implant. This would help improving your breast shape and the result is more predictable and last longer.

FAT GRAFT AND LIFT OF BREASTS

You can use fat to enhance the breast size slightly, more so in the upper half, but be sure to see someone very experienced in fat grafting to the breasts. A periareolar lift may be all you need, but an experienced breast surgeon needs to feel the quality of the skin to make the best judgement. You may need some incisions to get the nipple where you want it.

Implants Versus Fat Grafting

The goal of breast surgery is to create an aesthetic breast with the size, shape, and projection that is desired by the patient. Currently, the most common options for breast augmentation are implants and fat transfer.

Implants are most often used to augment the breast because of their ease of use and the predictability of the result. 

For patients looking for a more "natural" approach to breast augmentation, fat transfer is an option in the right patient. Unfortunately, the results of fat grafting to the breast are often disappointing, unpredictable, and can lead to difficulties with cancer surveillance down the road. Becasue of these shortcomings, I steer most young patients towards impant-based surgery. 

Based on your photos, implants will likely produce very satisfying results. You may not even need a lift at all depending on your goals. Before dismissing implant based augmentation, seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. A detailed examination and frank discussion will help delineate the best surgical treatment and may allay some of your concerns. 

For more info on breast lifts and augmentation see the link below.

Fat transfer and donut lift

Fat transfer works well for more upper fullness, you may benefit with a more traditional lift at the same time. I use Vaser ultrasound liposuction and special process for the fat transfer.

Another option may be larger implants which may avoid a lift.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Fat transfer and areola lift

Dear Ivida, 

Thank you for the question and photos. It appears you may be a great candidate for the fat transfer and donut lift as long as you are ok with the modest increase in size of the breasts between 1/2 -1 cup sizes at best. 

However you sill benefit from the liposuction of the thighs and stomach. You appear to be a good candidate for the nipple lift. 

Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed many of these procedures and can see you in person and help you reach your goals. 

Good luck!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Donut lift and fat transfer to breasts

Due to the position of your nipple complex, I feel you would benefit more from a lollypop lift. Fat transfer is an option, based on your family history, feel of your breasts etc. A small increase in size is possible with this approach, but not a dramatic change in size. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting and areolar lift.

Thanks for your question and the photos. The kind of lift depends not only on the degree of droop, but also the quality of your skin. From the photos a peri lift may be enough, but only an in person exam could evaluate the skin quality.

Fat grafting to the breast is once again being promoted by some doctors. It was historically frowned upon because of concerns that it altered mammograms and made the detection of breast cancer more difficult.

If you consider fat grafting, you must be comfortable with those risks. You must also modify your expectations. About half of injected fat is reabsorbed so it tends to give smaller enhancements and may need to be repeated.

Your PS will be able to help guide you based upon your physical examination. I have also linked to some breast lift FAQ below as well.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer and nipple lift?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation and lift.

• One can't be sure from photos, but yours suggest that a small vertical lift will help you more than a nipple lift.
  • Fat transfers can be done - if you only want a little upper pole fullness, fat transfers are reasonable if you understand what to expect.
  • After a fat transfer, everything is swollen and looks perfect.
  • The swelling goes down, about half the fat is absorbed and you are left with a subtle improvement.
  • So subtle that the procedure may need to be repeated.
  • And where the fat survives cannot be predicted, so there may be asymmetry.
  • It this appeals to you, then have fat transfers.
  • If you want something more predictable, then have a small implant with your lift.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Donut lift

First, I prefer implants over fat injection for primary breast augmentation, because the results are more consistent and I can achieve the desired volume in one procedure.A circumareola lift or done lift would probably be fine. .Best to be seen in person.