Should I be concerned about this healing process? I'm honestly terrified of scarring and not having inverted nipples fixed. (Pho

I am very worried about my inverted nipple repair. They are looking very bad and every picture I've seen post op is nothing like this. Should I be concerned? I took steri strips off early (9 days post op)- they were giving me blisters and it was very painful. I don't see any nipple really and I'm very worried. Surgical assistant says I'm on track with progress but this looks nothing like anything I've seen online w/ healing progress. I also had a breast augmentation along with the repair.

You have had your procedure

and at this point, all you can do is allow everything to heal and then you can critique your results with your surgeon.  Try to focus on healing and getting your implants level and avoid expending emotional energies on things that will not change at this point.  Your strips were causing blisters and they did need to come off.  If your nipples are not protruding once completely healed, you can discuss revisions with your surgeon.  You should continue wound care to your nipples as instructed by your surgeon.

Nothing overly concerning

It's early in your healing. The nipples have a lot of blood flow so dried blood under the dressing is normal. I don't see anything concerning in the couple photos posted so best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and try to be patient and await your result. Worrying will not improve your result, but the stress can slow healing. Best of luck. 

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Ashley,  I know it's frustrating to not see perfect results immediately, but your body takes time to heal. I'm sorry that you had a reaction to the stern strips. I think a lot of what you are seeing is your body healing from that. For now, be patient. It will take anywhere from 3-6 months for your new breasts and nipples to fully heal and drop/settle into their new position. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Inverted nipple repair

From what I can see in the photograph, it looks more like dried blood on top of a projected nipple. I recommend you follow-up with your plastic surgeon who can directly look at this and assure you that you're on the right track to recovery. Congratulations on your surgery and good luck with your continued recovery. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Healing after nipple surgery

Dear Ashley- it appears that the healing is progressing well. The blistering is probably due to tape or dressing. It should heal well. Good luck. 

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon