Nose job rib cartilage?

Can nose job by rib cartilage can be removed after 10months operation? Will it be normal look or have scar and change?

Rib Graft Rhinoplasty

Rib grafts to the nose can be removed. It is easiest to do so if a solid block of cartilage was initially placed. But even diced rib cartilages grafts can be removed albeit with more difficulty. Whether it will go back to the way it was before it was placed can not be answered. It would depend on many factors such as the size of the graft, where it was placed, how difficult it is to remove and the thickness of your nasal skin.

Removing cartilage grafts

I'm not sure I totally understand the question.  But if you have had rhinoplasty previously with rib cartilage, removing the cartilage in total would likely significantly alter the structure of the nasal framework and the nose overall.  Usually when A surgeon needs to use rib cartilage, it's because they need to make major structural changes and there isn't enough septal cartilage to do so.  Therefore, removing this cartilage would likely change your nose significantly and probably in an unfavorable way, unless the structure was replaced with new grafts or repositioned cartilage.

Anytime that you have any procedure, even if it is revision, you will have scarring and are at risk for a change in appearance - this is how we all heal unfortunately, and we have to modulate that healing process to get the most cosmetically acceptable scars.

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia