How long do I have to wear braces for?

My front four teeth on my upper jaw are slanted outwards a bit. It doesn't look that pleasent when I smile. However my lower jaw has perfectly straight teeth. Would I have to put braces for the teeth on my lower jaw. Also how long would I have to wear the braces for?

How Long Does Braces Take to Straighten Teeth?

Historically, conventional braces have taken two years or more to straighten teeth. However, with today's orthodontic technology, orthodontic treatment rarely requires more than a year. If the dental arches are properly prepared (i.e. if they are large enough to accommodate straight teeth) and triangular brackets with square wires are utilized in order to move both the crown of the tooth and the root of the tooth simultaneously then the time patients spend in braces is generally months rather than years.

Good luck!