State after FUE transplant done after 9 months ago

I had my 1500 grafts FUE Hair transplant done 9 months ago. I also have some issues with having oily scalp and dandruff before the surgery. Fast forward 9 months after the surgery, I am also using a special shampoo prescribed to treat them. Will my current condition affect the hair transplant results? Will the grafted hair continue to grow despite falling out possibly due to this reason? I am worried cos i was experiencing thick hair due to the transplant results about 1 to 2 months ago.

If you are having issues after surgery, it is best to contact your doctor. Your doctor knows about your case the best.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post hair transplant

Once you start seeing some growth, that hair behaves just as it would anywhere else on your scalp.  So don't worry about having any particular different ways of taking care of it! Those little follicles are held in pretty good a few days after surgery (I have talked about this in the past), and that first week or two is really the time you have to be careful about post transplant hair care.  At this time, you should be fine.  Remember, when in doubt always contact your operating surgeon.  We have no problem answering calls and helping guide patients through their post operative recovery - I'm sure your doctor feels the same way!

Hope this helps. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

9 months after hair transplant

Whatever growth you have received will be permanent so no matter what you do, just treat it as if you never had a hair transplant in the first place

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon