Any suggestions on hairy birthmark on my cheek? (photos)

Hi! I would like to know if this birthmark is removable (completely) and how much will it cost? Its on my cheek and is about the size of a thumbprint.. I really dont like it! :(

Doctor Answers 4

Any suggestions on hairy birthmark on my cheek

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. Your birthmark will require and exciosn fior removal and will leave a minimal scar. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Best Wishes.

Any suggestions on hairy birthmark on my cheek?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your birthmark can only be removed by surgiery.  Fortunately, the surgery can be done in one stage as an office procedure using local anesthesia.  You will be left with a fine scar which will be much less noticeable than the birthmark you currently have.

John F. Reinisch, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Removal of hairy birthmark on cheek

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would recommend excision to remove the hairy birthmark on your cheek.  You would need to be examined to determine if this could be done in one procedure or not.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Excision by Plastics

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This type of birthmark is unpredictably treated with lasers. I would seek advice from plastic for either- excision, serial excision, or tissue expander excision. 

I would then use fractional or ablative lasers to remodel the scar. Using a Q switch laser or multiple CO2 Fractional laser would not be a reliable treatment. Surgery is. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.