Gynecomastia revision- fat grafting. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have a thin scar tissue on my one side of the chest. It is under the skin and causing a little dent. But scar is not sticked with the muscle. It stays with the skin. Too much fat was removed from this area in the first surgery. So Is it possible to correct it by fat grafting ? Will the fat survive on that area ? how many sessions would be necessary ? My bodyfat percentage is about 28%. Will losing fat helps to hide this ?i meant when the surrounding fat cells become smaller right ?

Indentation Concern Following Gynocomastia Surgery

It's not uncommon for the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular as you heal. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.  In the future, if you are still experiencing your crater concern, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.  They may possibly be able to address the issue with fat grafting or cosmetic fillers if you are a good fit.

Gynecomastia Revision- Fat Grafting. Any Suggestions?

Fat Grafting should help. You may need 1-3 sessions depending on how it is done and the response of your tissues. Loosing weight is unlikely to help very much. Please discuss this with your surgeon.

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question. Fat grafting would be an excellent way to improve this contour deformity. I would discuss this option with your surgeon. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician