Breast Augmentation or Lift? (photo)

I'm 35yo Asian, 163cm (5'4"), 36C, single and don't intend to have kids. I feel my breasts are too wide apart and when laying down they are almost flat to the sides. I have also lost a lot of weight becoming more saggy now. At first I wanted to do a lift but the scars and healing process are scaring me a lot. My doctor recommended BA but I really prefer not to have a bigger cup. Can I please hear from the doctors here and some opinions?

Lift and augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It looks like your breasts sag quite a bit and probably would best be served with a lift,. If you want more volume than add an implant.

Breast Augmentation or Lift...

Implants and No Lift: This is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.

If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

If you find yourself in need of more answers it would be good to schedule consultations with local board certified plastic surgeons to help evaluate your individual condition and what combined procedure would help you. If you are looking to resolve ptosis (sagging), implants alone are not usually a good idea. So, working with a surgeon in person to help determine what would best meet your desired final results could be helpful. Good luck.

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 300-400ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation or Lift

An implant alone will make you larger, it will do nothing to reposition or breast any higher. I think your best option would be a breast lift and possibly a small breast implant if you are willing to go a little bigger to maintain the upper pole fullness that the implant will give you if done in conjunction with a breast lift

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation or Lift?

Thanks for your question and for including a good photo. It's pretty obvious you will need a lift whether or not you get implants. Implants alone will yield a very unacceptable result. I think the majority of patients also worry about the scars and you certainly do not have to do a lift, it is always OK to keep what you have. But there are no shortcuts to good results and when you need a lift there is no other surgical procedure you can substitute for that. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast lift or implants alone

Unfortunately you would need large implants to fill your skin envelope with just an augmentation and your breasts would be even saggier.  You already have a bit of a low footprint and a lift would give you a much better shape because it would correct the sagging.  Asians do often get more visible scars - so if you have any scars elsewhere your surgeon can give you an idea of what you could expect.   A lift alone would keep the same size and give a good result but an implant with a  lift would be needed if you wanted more upper pole fullness.  You need to ask your surgeons to see examples of each and decide for yourself which you like better. 

Lift or Augmentation?

Thanks you for your question.  An in person evaluation is the best way to give someone with your question a definitive answer, but based on the picture that you posted, I suspect that you will benefit more from a lift than a breast augmentation.  Your nipples and a significant portion of your breast tissue appear to be below the level of your breast fold, which suggests that a breast lift will be needed, and while simply placing an implant will give you more volume (even when lying on your back), it is not likely to raise your nipples enough to give your breasts a more aesthetic shape.  As part of the consultation your surgeon may also recommend a small augmentation, since by doing the lift your cup size may decrease, and you have already lost breast volume when you lost weight.  Make sure that you are seeing an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to help make sure that surgery achieves the results that you are hoping for.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation or Lift?

Based on the shape of your breasts ,a circumareolar lift should give you a good result without the need for an implant

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you need and appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with or without implants. The implants can be used to improve the overall fullness and roundness of your breast especially in the upper pole. Although you will have scars as a result of the breast lift, these scars tend heal extremely well and fade relatively rapidly. In searching for a board-certified plastic surgeon, I suggest that you look for someone with a lot of experience with these procedures and be sure to look at their before and after photos so that you can see their results first hand. I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  This can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD