I want to get bigger implants but I'm scared I'm going to go too big! Will a bigger size close the gap? (Photo)

I have 380 now and I WEAR A 34D IN Victoria Secret. I just went to go too big. Consultation yesterday and he's talking about 600 and that seems like a lot bigger but it's the same doctor so I don't think he would steer me wrong but I don't know how much bigger it's going to be. But my boobs are also really far apart so the doctor is going to bring them in more which is the biggest reason I want my breasts redone.

Bigger implants

It is difficult to tell for sure whether you need that size volume to help give you more cleavage.  By going up that much you will likely be a DD/DDD bra size so you do want to keep that in mind.  The photo you provide doesn't give enough information to allow a complete answer.  You most likely need revision pocket work to help get more medial fullness (cleavage) and change your implant.  More details would have to be with an in person consultation.  Best of luck to you!  If you are still unsure then you should see some Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who perform a lot of revision breast surgeries. 

I want to get bigger implants but I'm scared I'm going to go too big! Will a bigger size close the gap?

Thank you for the question and picture. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.   Adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy) and/or additional breast lifting may will also be necessary to achieve your goals.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup” or "too big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Bigger implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The rule is:
higher implant volume = greater weight over skin = greater breast fall.
Without a personal evaluation or photos of your breast is very difficult to tell you what size volume you should get. I recommend you to send photos to us to give you better information and advices of your interest. 

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Anatomy and implants

Your anatomy will limit your ability to obtain very close cleavage.  As for volume, you can try a baggy test to see if the volume suggested gets you the volume look you want.

Large gap in cleavage

A wider implant if centered on your nipple should potentially close some of the gap that you're seeing. Because we have to center the breast implant on the nipple, it's unwise to move implants inward to narrow this gap and then have the nipple and areola pointing outwards. Another reason that we need to be careful when removing the breast towards each other is that this requires more release of muscle that can lead to more exposure of potential wrinkles. In my hands, it's best to try to narrow this gap fat grafting to the inside portion of the breast. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Every woman has anatomy that is unique to her. Certain patients have a large gap between their breasts which cannot be corrected by an implant alone. A larger implant will increase the breast size and allow improvement when in a bra, however, the normal anatomy that is inherent with each patient will essentially be the same.  Attempts at reducing this gap may sometimes resultant over release of the muscle which could result in what is referred to as synmastia, which is extremely difficult to correct once it occurs. It is important to understand that using a larger implant will necessarily increase your cup size which may not be what you desire. Ideally, the implant should be centrally placed under the central portion of the breast and distributed equally on both the inner and outer portion of the breast. To artificially move the implants more towards the inner portion of the breast may actually result in the nipples appearing as though they are pointing outwards, which is an unattractive result. Your final option would be to utilize fat transfer to improve the volume of the inner portion of the breast without doing anything to the implant whatsoever. Of course, this would also increase the cup size as you are also again, adding volume. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. You seem to have a very nice result at this point. Increasing the implant volume will likely not close the distance much between your breasts as this distance is totally dependent on your anatomy. Each woman has a different distance between the breasts and this distance is not changed with breast augmentation. Attempting to decrease the distance surgically may actually lead to a significant complication called symmastia. Discussed this issue with your plastic surgeon before proceeding.

Increasing the size/volume does NOT mean the cleavage will improve....................................

Bigger or not?

I am a little confused by your post.  In the  title you say you want bigger implants, but in the text you say you went too big with the 380s you have now.  I'm guessing you do want to go bigger because 600 is significantly bigger than 380.  This will add 1-2 cup sizes to what you have now (depending on the bra as Victoria's Secret bras notoriously run small).  

In selecting breast implants, you could also change the base width of the implants which may improve the central gap and cleavage, but from your picture it looks like the base width fits you well.  The other consideration would be a form stable shaped implant.

If you have concerns, you may consider a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon to get a second opinion and make sure you are comfortable with your decision.

Cleavage

I always try to not make the same mistake twice.
If you now feel too big and too far apart, a larger round implant will make you feel worse. Find a plastic surgeon in your area with experience in anatomical implants which are wider than they are tall. You can get more cleavage without a larger volume.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon