Post bilateral mastectomy, no reconstruction. Wanting fat transfer to fill in concave areas?

BMX 15 months ago. I am working with a massage therapist doing cupping to stretch skin in concave areas on chest to accept fat transfer. Looking for Doctor that can help me.

Fat Transfer

Thank you for posting your question. Fat transfer is a safe procedure that can fill up concave areas caused by mastectomy. One thing to note, however, is that on average half of the transferred fat would be reabsorbed by the body. Since there are individual differences, multiple transfers may be needed for some people to achieve desired result.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting after mastectomy

Fat grafting following mastectomy can be done in the outpatient setting. Patients are usually able to return to work in a week or less. Results can be effected by the tissue quality  and whether or not radiation was given. A second round of fat grafting may be needed 3-6 months later. 

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

Fat transfer may be able to augment the depressed areas of concern.  You might also need revision fat grafting as it does not usually "take" 100%.