Lines around mouth in young women? (Photo)

I have these really annoying wrinkles around my mouth that just drive me nuts. How can I restore more volume into that part of my face? I honestly think these lines come from how much I laugh and smile.

Facial asymmetries are normal

Differences between the sides of the face, known as facial asymmetry, is normal.  Eyebrow heights and contours, eyelid positions, cheek fullness, chin projection, cheek bone projection, shape of the lips, etc are all areas of the face that normally have slight asymmetries.  Examining your photos reveals such normal asymmetries.  Although in some individuals, these asymmetries may become more noticeable over the years due to normal aging effects of the face, generally these differences do not affect an individual's attractiveness to others.  More than likely, the old saying, "we are our own worst critics" is appropriate to describe our own feelings about these asymmetries.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Filler for nasolabial folds

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to suggest a specific treatment plan based on the provided photo. However, it does appear as though you would benefit from a small amount of filler to your nasolabial fold (i.e., "smile lines") to soften these lines, which are largely genetic in nature, given your young age. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler For Lines Around Mouth

Juvederm is an excellent hyaluronic acid filler. Juvederm is a softer filler and is therefore ideal for areas that see more muscle movement, such as the lips and the corners of the mouth. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist with expertise.

#fillers#drrodrohrich#facialrejuvenation

Rod J. Rohrich, MD