Most hair started growing immediately after my hair transplant. What can I expect in the coming months?

I am a healthy/active 25 year old man. I had a 1500 graft transplant. Now I am 5 weeks in and have had to cut my hair to keep it short bc they are indeed growing (native and transplanted). Almost none of the hairs have fallen still and the ones that have I've seen slowly grow back. I can't find many cases of this anywhere so I wanted to know what I could expect if they don't fall out soon?I'd mostly like general information on what happens if the hairs just continue to grow. Thanks!

Growth after hair transplant

You should expect more hair! Precise, gentle hair transplantation almost always results in little to no shed. You had a good surgeon. 

Miami Dermatologist

Immediate growth after a hair transplant

This happens in about 5% of patients and it is wonderful when it happens. By the end of the third month the hair would have grow out to a length of about 1 1/2 inches of 1/2 inch per month if it is real. Just be happy as this experience is not common. When I have seen in people like you, is that if you have another hair transplant the same growth cycle will most probably be seen. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If your hair started growing immediately after a transplant, you can expect longer hair in the coming months.

If your hair started growing immediately after a transplant, you can expect longer hair in the coming months.  That would be great for you.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Growth

This is very unusual but it does happen. And it is a very good sign so that is great. Make sure to go in for a follow-up if any concerns.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist