How far out from facial fat grafting will my "too broad laterally" appearance improve?

The facial fat grafting surgery was over 3 months ago. Not only are my cheeks overfilled but worse I look too broad laterally. My PS is telling me to give it more time but I haven't noticed any change since about the 1 month mark so have fears I'm stuck with this and will ultimately need a fat removal specialist. Any nonsurgical suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Overfilled fat

You might want to try some Ulthera.  At 3 months not much is going to change now.  The Ulthera can help to tighten the skin, and often can soften the fat and flatten it out.  May need 2-3 treatments.   

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Reducing an over filled face after facial fat grafting

There is definitely some variability in the amount of fat that will survive in a face following facial fat grafting.  I tend to over fill the face slightly during facial fat grafting as I allow for about 30-40% absorption of fat following grafting.  Even at three months following your procedure I feel that you can expect some decrease in the amount of fat grafted but it will be very slight.  There are several non invasive fat reduction lasers such as Coolsculpt and Sculpsure that are not FDA approved for facial fat reduction, but may have a role in this scenario.  Ulthera, which is FDA approved to treat the face but not used for fat reduction may have some benefit as well.  

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Results, Are They Permanent? Lateral Cheeks.

Fat transfer results are usually "permanent" if they are there after 3 months. I suggest you speak to your physicin about options if you are unhappy.  Best, Dr. Emer.