Do you think I will need a breast lift to get the results I am looking for? (photos)

I am interested in breast augmentation. I would like to be full and perky small DD that will probably settle to be a full D. Saline, under muscle. I know bra size isn't the best way to determine my ideal look but I am unsure of the CCs. I am 5'7'' and weigh 120 lbs. I currently wear a 36C I do not fill the cup completely. I have added some pictures for review. I am in contact with a board certified plastic surgeon and will ultimately heed his advice. Just looking for some insight. Thank you!

You would be most satisfied with an augmentation/vertical mastopexy.  This would give you additional volume and lift your nipples for a look similar to your wish pic.  An augmentation alone will leave the implants too low on your chest wall. 

Do I need a breast lift?

Based on your photos, your nipples are in a good position to perform a breast augmentation alone without a lift. I do agree with others that a dual-plane submuscular placement would be ideal.  good luck! 

Do you think I will need a breast lift to get the results I am looking for?

You have excellent breast anatomy and should be able to achieve a very nice breast augmnentation result. You do have glandular ptosis.

Your best option is likely a dual plane breast augmentation with implant under the muscle not the fascia. Choose a very expreienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation

Looking at your photos you will likely be a great candidate for breast augmentation. You have a small amount of psuedoptosis and may be a candidate for breast augmentation in the subfascial location to get more of a lift effect on the nipple and areola. Again a detailed exam and discussion would be needed to best provide the operative plan and choice of implant. Good luck!!

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

You may need a lift

If you are hoping to look like THAT pic, you need a small implant and a lift.  If you want to be a DD cup, you just need an implant.  The wish pic you've shown is probably just a C cup.  Think of it this way: you're nipples are in the "right place," it's just that your breasts aren't big enough.  So you either add an implant to make you the right size, or you lift the breast back on to the chest and go for a full C or small D cup.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I do not think an augmentation alone will satisfy your goals. It is my opinion that you have a little bit more than glandular ptosis. You have mild ptosis of the entire breast mound. You will need to incorporate a formal breast lift regardless. I would be careful about going much larger. If you go to a double d size then you risk further stretching of the tissue down the road. You would end up with a result that is even worse than it is now in a few years. I would recommend that you be very conservative on the implant size and not go much bigger along with a breast lift. Big breasts are usually not perky for very long. My office would be happy to discuss this with you further. I wish you the best.

Breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You are on the right track by choosing a surgeon who is board-certified in plastic surgery to perform your surgery.  To answer your question, whether or not you "need" a lift depends on your goals.  An augmentation alone is certainly a realistic possibility to improve the shape and volume of your breasts, but understand that this will NOT lift your breasts.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Will I need a breast lift with my augmentation?

From your photos, it appears that you will get enough lift and volume replacement from the implants that an augmentation alone will be sufficient to give you the look you want.  Good luck

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Probably yes

you should discuss with the plastic surgeon and from my point of view it's necessary to get breast lifted during the operation ( round block ) and after breast implant 
carefully choose width of round implant , not high projection and under the muscle of course 
yours sincerely 

Nicolas Zwillinger, MD
France Plastic Surgeon

The lift you may need may not be more than a circumareola lift which leaves a scar around the border of the areola only.  Best of luck.