Would a breast lift without implants have a nice outcome like a nice lifted small breast? (photo)

I asked the question yesterday but mentioned the word "perky" which caused confusion. Sorry! I just want to know if I can have a breast lift (anchor scar?) and a nice lifted small breast as a result. I found very few breasts like mine having just a lift, most cases also had augmentation done. Just want to make sure that I have enough tissue to avoid getting implants. Thanks!!

Would a breast lift without implants have a nice outcome like a nice lifted small breast?

A lift can be performed without an augmentation.  There is no necessity to having implants to make the breasts larger at the same time.

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures  you are an excellent candidate for breast lift the results on your body would be great

I would recommend choose a certified plastic surgeon.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Find the right surgeon for you.

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. You are a good candidate for the procedure, I will recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon  that can help you to achieve your desired look. Your breast will look very nice.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Intended Outcome of Breast Lift

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large.  Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast. This is the #NaturalBreastLIft or #CaliforniaBreastLift

Is there anything wrong with just a lift in a small breasted woman with some sagging?

Hello Scid,

As a woman, I totally relate to your question.  And yes, it is certainly an option to just do a breast lift.

I believe you are very clear in stating your goals..."perky" is not your priority.  Your priority is a "lifted small breast."  

Too often women are directed in their procedure choice by the surgeon's opinion or perception of what he/she determines looks best.  It is my belief that it's OK for doctors to have an opinion but it is more important for he/she to listen to what the patient is requesting and educate the patient as to that choice as well as other options.

As a team, the doctor and patient will then arrive at the procedure which realistically meets the patient's expectations.

Ask your surgeon for pics that represent women with your build.

Good luck!

In good health,

Ellen Mahony, MD

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Lift with implants

Your breasts look a bit flat and I do not think that you have a lot of tissue to give you a round lifted breast with fullness.

Breast lift and fat grafting

I would recommend lift and fat grafting at the same time for better results.  You have lost a lot of breast tissue and lift alone will have give upper pole fullness. Please see the link

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift, if are happy with your current size.  This can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift with fat grafting

You can have fair result with lift alone but the lack breast tissue makes it hard. You can have lift alone with the idea of doing implants later or do fat grafting and breast lift at the same time. please see the link

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon